Impressions of Each Other (Yorukaria/Yoruko Kabuya x Karia Amane)

"Aw, why so down?" Karia asked, noticing the small, black-haired girl sitting on her own at lunchtime.

"The others keep bullying me..." Yoruko sighed, looking down at her bento. "They even scribbled mean things all over my desk today..."

"You know what? Fuck that and fuck them." The upperclassman scoffed. "You know what I think you need the most? I think you need to learn to have more confidence."

"Confidence?" The small girl asked. "You mean, like you?"

"Yeah, something along those lines." Karia smiled. "I know that you have a big social phobia, but with a little bit of help, I think that can change!"

Yoruko sat up straight and looked at the pink-haired girl. "So, what do I have to do?"

"Well, if you can't have any confidence in yourself, you don't need to rush. Small steps, Yoruko." The upperclassman advised. "So for now, just pretend that you have my confidence."

"Your confidence? How am I supposed to do that?" She asked.

"Well, first you carry yourself with apathy to your surroundings." Karia instructed. "If you do that, then you'll be untouchable. The bullies' words won't hurt you."

"Okay...carry myself with apathy." Yoruko repeated. "What else should I do?"

"Next, you need to love yourself." The upperclassman sat next to Yoruko. "I can tell from how you act, you view a lot of things negatively. You blame the world around you for your circumstances, but you make no effort to change yourself."

The smaller girl was frozen in shock. She never expected the girl she looked up to saying that and seeing right through her.

"You're a wonderful person, and you need to see that." Karia smiled, reaching her hand over and holding Yoruko's. "And I promise, I'll be there for you no matter what. So smile, hold your head high, and have confidence in yourself, okay?"

Art credit: P25866100 on twitter