Chapter Thirty-Three

I stared at the ring on my finger. It was done. Gio and I got married. All we had to do was exchange our I do's and sign a piece of paper.

It all felt unreal, like I was just living in a monotonous trance. One minute, we were exchanging rings at a quirky venue, the next I was sitting on an expensive looking sofa at a five-star hotel lobby.

Gio arranged everything. From our private jet, the ground transfers, and accommodation. I didn't know what else he prepare for this trip. I just brought some of my old clothes I got from the Ziegler mansion and showed up.

"Our rooms are ready," Gio exclaimed, making me look up at him. He was handing me an envelope that had the hotel's logo engraved in it.

"Rooms? Not one?" lutang kong tanong.

Lumabas ang pagkabigla sa mukha niya. "Y-you wanted to share one room?"

Umiling ako at tumayo na mula sa sofa. "Nevermind."

"I-I booked myself a standard deluxe suite and a honeymoon suite for you, just in case we needed it for proof or something."

"It's okay, Gio. Let's just go to our rooms." I picked up my shoulder bag and stood up. Dala ni Gio ang maliit na travel bag ko. I didn't pack much. This wasn't a vacation. It was a shotgun wedding to cover up my ass.

Nauna ako sa paglalakad at sumunod lang sa akin si Gio. We waited at the elevator bank.

"I made a dinne reservation for us, but if you want to eat alone in your room, I can arrange a room service—"

I complacently shook my head. "It's our first night. We need more photos together."

"O-Okay. It's in an hour. You can rest and change into something else if you want." Tumingin siya suot kong puting dress.

It was the only white clothing that I had in my closet that could pass as a wedding dress. It was a white fitted dress that falls below my knees with a demure boat neckline.

Most of the clothes I brought were dresses, only because it was convenient and I didn't have to match outfits together. I didn't have the enthusiasm to dress up for this quick getaway. The only casual outfit I had was the classic white long sleeved dress shirt and pants.

The honeymoon suite in Bellagio was an overstated elegance with its interiors and tall ceiling. The ambiance was extremely romantic with the petals scattered over the bed and dim light.

My hotel room was eeriely quiet as I got ready for dinner. I could hear the ticking of the hotel clock. It made me think of home and the chaos I left behind it.

Did my mom already take her meds? Was Mama Ton fuming mad and the big bosses were hounding him? And... Hades.

Alam niya na ba ang gulo na nangyari? Of course, he probably already knew it by now. I was trending and the news would be everywhere. I probably was still trending. If he didn't go online, Takumi probably already told him about it. It had been more than a day.

Was he okay? Was he thinking of me? Was he worried? Did he try to look for me?

What would his reaction be if he found out that I got married? Would he crushed by the news? Would he end up hating me? Resenting me for leaving him and getting married the next day?

Sinundo ako ni Gio sa hotel room. We held hands and walked in silence. He had booked a dinner resevation for us at one of the in-house Michelin-Rated restaurants in the hotel.

"Thank you," I bid once the waiter was done pouring my wine. I went ahead and took a sip.

Gio cleared his throat. "How was your room?"