Chapter Twenty-Four

I knew I being was weak and selfish but I just... couldn't let him go yet.

I knew very well that this thing between us was temporary but that wasn't enough for me to give him up . So I chose to buy us more time. To the hell with that movie role. I could get another. They could probably even blackmail me out of every role but I would still... choose him.

Acting used to be my escape. It was my safe haven. The craft made me happy. It used to be the only thing in my life that was mine but then Hadeon came and he gave me everything that acting gave me... and even more.

Hanggang sa kaya ko siyang hawakan, hindi ko siya bibitawan. I was being greedy. I was being unfair to him, too. If I was a good person, I would have let him go... but I never claimed to be good.

"Hobby mo talaga ako bigyan ng sakit ng ulo," bungad ni Mama Ton pagkadating na pagkadating ko sa private room ng isang restaurant.

I playfully pouted my lips and sat on the vacant chair beside his. "But it makes your job challenging and fun."

"Sino nagsabi na gusto kong ma-challenge?" mataray na sagot ni Mama Ton. "Halos mabaliw ako kagabi sa text mo na hindi mo tatanggapin ang movie role pagkatapos hindi mo pa sinagot ang tawag ko, bruha ka."

"Kasi alam kong pagsasabihan mo lang ako."

"Buti naman alam mo," ismid niya. "Anong sasabihin natin sa kanila ngayon? Na hindi mo lang feel ang role? Ang babaw, Kaia."

"Natin? You made me come here to tell them myself," I grumbled.

"Dapat lang ikaw magpaliwanag! Desisyon mo 'yan kaya bahala ka."

Hindi na ako sumagot dahil paniguradong hindi matatatapos ang pagtatalo naming dalawa.

After informing him that I was rejecting the movie role, he flooded me with messages and then called me non-stop before leaving me alone with a message that I had to tell the bosses myself, the very reason why we were here in this restaurant for a lunch meeting.

Ma'am Faith and Sir Noel arrived at the same time. They were all smiles when they saw me. Mama Ton and I stood up to acknowledge their presence.

"Kaia, it's always a pleasure to see you," Ma'am Faith said as I gave her an air kiss on the cheek. "I was so surprised when I received a message from Ton last night that you wanted to discuss something."

I laughed a bit. "Sorry po that I had to ask you come all the way here."

"It's fine. We all know that you have your taping so we have to meet near the location," sagot ni Ma'am Faith.

"We just hope na good news ang sasabihin mo," nakatawang sabi ni Sir Noel. I just smiled in response.

Mama Ton awkwardly laughed and clapped his hands together. "Medyo gutom na ako. Should we ask the staff to serve the food?"

He already ordered our food for us ahead of time to make the meeting brief. Lalo na at kailangan ko pang bumalik sa set.

"I heard Kaia's schedule for the next days will be extra hectic?" Ma'am Faith asked to set the mood.

"Super, Madam. Nagsimula na sila sa first phase ng post-prod. After a week, may schedule sa studio si Kaia for recording. By the end of September, magiging busy na sa promotions. Mall shows and guestings. Iyon ang inaasikaso ko sa ngayon."

"The pilot episode will air October, right?" tanong ni Sir Noel.

Tumango si Mama Ton. "October 3. Prime time slot."

"How long will this series run again?" Sir Noel asked.

"5 months," si Ma'am Faith na ang sumagot. "But season 2 is already under development."