Chapter Thirty-Nine

"I want all of Asia's projects and guestings. I want her endorsements," I sternly exclaimed.

Maganda pa ang salubong ni Mama Ton sa akin. All smiles as soon as I went back to the studio.

He thought something good happened that I was in a mood to finally talk about my pending meetings with endorsers and lined up guestings.

He grimaced and instantly looked like he was going to fume from irritation. "Ano na naman ba 'to? Revenge?"

"I'm just returning the favor." I shrugged.

Mama Ton groaned. "Tingin mo hindi mapapansin ng fans niya 'yan? It will be so obvious. Ikaw ang magmumukhang masama"

"They already painted me as the bad guy before. I'm just living up to their expectations." I twisted my lips.

"You and your schemes." Umiling-iling si Mama Ton. Alam ko na agad na gagawin niya rin ang hinihingi ko.

It only took two days for Mama Ton to start moving things around. Endless meetings. It started with an evening talk show that was supposed to have Asia as a guest but she got moved upon hearing that I agreed to be a guest as long as it was in the earliest possible date.

Then I replaced her as the main prod number at the weekend musical variety show. I also accepted endorsements that were rivals to her existing brands.

Mama Ton has a lot of resources in the industry kaya kahit na ang isang under discussion na endorsement ni Asia sa isang shampoo brand ay natunugan niya. Not only that, but he knew someone from the company.

With my A-list status, Mama Ton doesn't have to negotiate or beg to get me booked. He simply just socialize, maybe ask them for a coffee to catch up. At sila na mismo magtatanong kung available ako.

That was why we were at the main office of Unilever today. Also the reason why I was dressed to the nines. I wore a cropped tube and white trousers that matched the coat that I just placed over my shoulder.

We were five minutes late. I normally respected other people's schedule and always arrived on time as much as possible but I needed to be a bit late for my opening scene.

Exactly how I directed it in my mind, the seats at the table were filled. I caught Asia's gaze. She weakly smiled when she saw me but I didn't return the smile.

I pointedly glanced at my manager and feigned a confused look. Mama Ton held my back, playing along, and guided me towards the table.

They stood up to formally greet me. Mama Ton introduced me to everyone and I politely greeted and shook their hands. I didn't glance at Asia and sat far away from her.

"Before anything else, I would like to thank everyone for being here. It's such an honor to have two big stars with us today," Ms. Carmina, the communications director exclaimed, starting the meeting.

"As you all know, we will have a big campaign for Sunsilk and we want to have you both in it."

That's my cue. I sat up straight. "Is it going to be separate campaigns?"

Ms. Carmina's lips parted a bit. Napatingin siya sa team niya bago ngumiti sa akin. "You will be working together."

I put on a confused look and glanced at Mama Ton then back at them. "I was under the impression that it will be just me."

"It was initially a solo campaign but an opportunity came and you two are available so we decided to take it to a different direction," she explained, still smiling.