Chapter Fourteen

"Knock, knock!" a voice said matching the number of knocks on the dressing room's door. The door opened just a split second after the knocks.

Dharma entered the room. Erich followed after her. Their eyes instantly found me and big grins plastered on their faces.

"Seph!" They shrieked and ran towards the couch, to where I was sitting.

"What are you guys doing here?" I stood up to welcome them properly.

Pagkatayo ko ay sinalubong agad nila ako ng yakap. I had not seen them since I returned from Thailand. Well, it had been only a few days and I only had one day off. I immediately resumed to my usual schedule kaya walang panahon para makapag-set ng schedule to hang out.

The taping just ended. I was resting while my team packed up. That was why I was shocked to have my friends as visitors when it was so late.

"Sinusundo ka!" Erich answered.

"We missed you!" Dharma exclaimed. "Bumalik ka na pero hindi ka man lang nagpaparamdam sa amin."

"Sorry. I was preoccupied," I weakly reasoned out. It was also the truth though. I was preoccupied and they didn't cross my mind. I'm such a bad friend.

"We know! We heard the news. Planning for an engagement party?" Dharma teased.

I just smiled. Wala naman akong gustong idagdag doon.

"Anyway, we're here to kidnap you," singit ni Erich.

Ngumiwi ako. "If it's a night out, then hard pass. I have an early schedule tomorrow-"

"No! Just dinner and wine lang!" Dharma cut me off.

"You can't say no! Pumunta kami rito para sayo!" Erich added.

They came all the way here just to make sure that I'll hang out with them. I don't think saying no is an option. And besides, I can't say no to wine.

Good thing my outfit for today was a red dress with puffed long sleeves. I didn't have to change into something more fitting for a dinner and wine.

Ipinahatid ko ang team ko kay Kuya Victor at kay Dharma naman ako sumabay dahil may sasakyan siyang dala.

Erich sat on the front seat kaya ako ang umupo sa likod. I used that time to check my phone. There were a couple of notitications but nothing from Hadeon.

Simula umaga ay wala itong parandam which was odd because he usually sends his goodmorning even when it's already late and always bugs me for the rest of the day.

Ano ngayon, Kaia? Why am I suddenly aware of his absence anyway?

Fine... I got used to his presence. I'll admit that. I looked forward to our interactions because he always makes me feel... good. I'm comfortable with him. It's that feeling when you reach the coziness and safety of your home.

Maybe I feel too much comfortable with him that it's starting to be a bit dangerous, too.

"Ang tahimik," Dharma said from the driver's seat. "You better be outlining the list of your kwento back there."

I kept my useless phone into my bag. I smiled. "Anong iku-kwento ko?"

"Thailand! Your engagement plans! We need insider details!" singit ni Erich.

I shook my head and laughed a bit. "Kayo ang magkwento. What's the hottest tea?"

They both snickered on their seats. Lalo na si Erich. Hindi ko kinailangang pilitin sila na magkwento. Erich immediately launched into her first hot topic about a celebrity that we know.