Chapter One

I remained rooted at the spot beside the big ceramic plant pot. My eyes never left the two figures that stood across the hallway.

They looked so passionate as they stared at each other. Their eyes glowed softly with affection. A small shy smile was painted on the girl's lips and he smiled back at her.

My face gradually contorted from reflecting shock and disbelief to irrefutable pain. I let my eyes speak for my feelings. I gathered all of my darkest emotions and let it build in my chest. I bit my lip and the tears successfully escaped my eyes and dropped on my cheeks.

Hinayaan ko na muna ang ilang pagpatak ng mga luha bago pinunasan ang pisngi. I swallowed hard and turned my back before gracefully exiting the scene.

"Cut!" the director announced. She clapped her hands. "Good take."

I smiled and wiped the remnants of the tears on my cheek. "Thanks po, Direk."

"Ready for next sequence," she announced and everyone hustled.

Sinalubong ako ni Emma at sinabayan ako sa paglalakad. She handed me some tissue and my water bottle. I wiped my cheeks before giving back the issue to her. Maagap niya naman tinanggap 'yon. I sipped some water as I continued heading back to my designated standby area. Ngumingiti lang sa nakakasalubong na bumabati.

A perk of having a lead role, they let me have a room for myself. It's a big room that has two doors, kaya nilagyan lang ng temporary divider sa gitna. The male lead, Rowan, ovcupied the other half.

My road manager and makeup artist lounged at my room. Mukha silang masayang nagdadaldalan at napahinto lang nang pumasok kami ng kwarto.

"I want to rest," I announced and handed back my water bottle to my assistant. Tumayo sila sa couch at agad na lumipat sa vacant chairs. My makeup artist chose to sit on the beauty chair in front of the vanity mirror. Darcy sat on the guest chair right across the sofa.

"May one hour break ka nga pala," Jai noted as she twisted the beauty chair to face my direction.

Huminto ako malapit sa sofa. I kicked off my high heels and changed into the comfortable slippers. I didn't have to ask Emma. She helped me unzip the dress that I was wearing. Naghubad ako at hinayaan 'yon bumagsak sa sahig.

I was left in my underwear but I didn't bat an eye. Sanay na akong magpakita ng balat at sanay na rin sila sa akin na bigla na lang naghuhubad. They've been with me for four years now.

"Lunch, Seph?" Darcy asked ang readied her phone, in case na magpa-order na ako.

"I just wanna take a nap," sagot ko nang hindi sila tinatapunan ng tingin. I picked up the neatly folded violet over-sized tracksuit. Iyon ang isinuot ko. "You can eat out if you want. Just wake me up at 1:40. I'll read lines."

I only had four hours of sleep. 12 na nang makauwi ako sa condo dahil late natapos ang shooting para sa bago kong commercial. I had to wake up at 5AM today because 6AM ang call time. Wala pang pahinga dahil tuloy-tuloy ang sequences ko. The only thing that kept me awake is caffeine.

Pagod na umupo ako sa couch at inayos ang unan.

"Pa-deliver ako ng sushi?" tanong ni Emma.

Now that made my mouth water a bit. I can't say no to sushi. It's my favorite. I pursed my lips. "Sige. I'll eat pagkagising ko."

Napatawa si Emma at tumango. They bid their goodbyes and I just nodded before finding a comfortable position.

It wasn't completely peaceful when they left because of the thin divider. Muffled voices from the people on the other side of the room were escaping from the wooden board. I closed my eyes and ignored the noise.