Chapter Twelve

Nag-aya si Hades pabalik ng hotel. He said he was still exhausted from the flight kahit na kakapahinga niya lang.

It turns out he is staying in the same hotel. Kanina pang umaga pala ito nakarating pero dahil sa pagod sa byahe ay natulog na muna. He said he knew I was still working anyway. Tinanong ko siya kung paano niya nalaman, he just answered with: I'm Hadeon Davis Serrano. As if that's the answer to everything.

Sumama na ako sa kanya pabalik. He went to Thailand for me, kaya parang pakiramdam ko ay responsibilidad ko na samahan siya. I'm done with socializing anyway and I still have questions for him.

We took a taxi to the hotel. Hades just told our destination to the driver and then leaned back on the seat with his eyes closed. Hindi ko alam kung nagpapanggap lang siya na pagod o ano.

"Seriously, Hades, what are you doing here in Thailand?"

"I missed you," he simply replied, his eyes remained closed. Walang kahit ano man lang reaksyon sa mukha niya. Niloloko ako nito.

Sumimangot ako. "Seryoso kasi."

Mahinang humalakhak si Hades at iminulat na ang mga mata para tumingin sa akin. "Na-miss nga kita. Bakit ayaw mong maniwala?"

I felt a slight pinch in my chest and a weird feeling in my stomach. What the hell?

I mentally shook my head. Mukhang wala siyang plano sagutin nang maayos ang tanong ko.

"Where's your family?" I changed the question.

He closed his eyes again. "Still in France. They won't be home until the third week of July."

"Your parents allowed you to come here alone?"

"Uh-hm. They're not strict."

"Lucky you," I mumbled and looked at the window outside.

It must be nice to have a parent who'll support whatever you'll do and not manipulate you to do what they want.

Matagal na hindi nagsalita si Hadeon kaya bumalik ang tingin ko sa kanya. His eyes were open again and he was already watching me.

"Do your parents support your chosen career?" he casually asked.

I snorted. "My father only supports what's best for him and my mother supports him—so there."

"The reason why you're with that guy because it's what your father wants," he started. "Which means it's true that your relationship with him is motivated by politics."

I feigned a laughter. "Which gossip site did you read that from? And what else did you read about me?"

He grimaced. "Your cheating issue with that Rowan boy."

"I've never cheated before. Not even once."

Hades licked his lips. Seryosong-seryoso ang mukha niya habang nakatitig sa akin. "Is it really cheating if your relationship is just for show?"

"But they don't know that. If I get involved with anyone, they will only see it as cheating and nothing else. The entire country will brand me as a cheater."

"Who cares about what other people think? We both know the truth," he sharply answered.

My forehead creased at his harsh tone. He seemed really riled up by our topic. His reaction gradually made me smile. It feels so nice to have someone strongly defending my honor.

"What?" Hades asked when I just stared at him and didn't say anything. "Why are you smiling like that?"

Mas lalo akong napangiti. Umiling ako. "I'm just glad that you're my friend."