Chapter Eighteen

Hades was speechless. I couldn't be seen with him in public for too long.

"Did you bring your car?" I said near his ear. Halos nakatingkayad na ako para maabot ang tenga niya.

He was still in a daze when he nodded.

"Five minutes," I told him before walking away from him.

I casually looked around to check if anyone noticed anything suspicious. May ilang nakatingin sa akin pero mukhang wala lang naman sa kanila. I bet they wouldn't even remember that interaction because of they're all under the influence of the alcohol. Besides, it was a brief encounter. Madaling itanggi.

Hindi na ako nagpakita sa mga kaibigan ko at tumakas na. My heart was racing as I headed to the basement parking.

There was a text from Hadeon letting me know where his car was parked. I casually strolled the parking, wanting to look unsuspecting to the few people who were around. I pretended not to see them.

I saw his car and checked the plate number to confirm it. Mas kabisado ko nps ang plate number niya kaysa sa sariling kotse.

The headlights turned on as I neared the car. I knew that the door will be unlocked so I quickly entered.

"Why didn't you tell me that it's your birthday?"

"Would telling you that stop you from going to a party with your fiancé?"

"That's not fair. You know I can't disobey my father."

He looked away. His side profile showcased his jaw pretty well. I could see it clenching and unclenching.

I knew he wasn't going to say anything else so I continued, "I didn't want to be with him, Hadeon."

He looked at me. "Then do you want to be with me?"

"Why would I be here if I don't?"

Suminghap si Hades at nag-iwas ulit ng tingin. He's still not budging.

"How about you? You seemed to be enjoying yourself with that girl."

He brought his eyes back to me again and frowned. "I wasn't. That was one of Orion's girl friends. I don't even know her name."

"I didn't like it," I snapped. "I hated seeing you with that girl. I was so jealous, Hades. When I saw you dancing with her in the dance floor-"

"I wasn't dancing. Pinilit lang ako nila Orion na samahan siya sa dance floor-"

Pinutol ko agad ang paliwanag niua, "And when I saw that photo of you and that girl laughing... I got so furious-"

"What photo are you talking about? And I didn't laugh. Kinakausap niya ako pero hindi naman ako tumawa."

"I don't care if you laughed or not! Magkatabi pa rin kayo at magkausap!" tumaas na ang tono ko. My insecurities were spilling out of me and I couldn't stop it.

"Baby, I was cold to her. I didn't really letalk to her much. If I did, I was just being polite-"

"I don't like it!" I burst out.

"Baby..." he pleadingly called me and reached for my hand. "Please don't be mad."

I looked away from him. "Let's go home."