Chapter Nineteen

I woke up to the slow and steady breathing of Hades. My cheek was flat across his warm and bare chest. His arm was fastened around me like a belt. He wasn't the only one who was clinging. My arm was wrapped around his stomach, too.

We really did it. I did it with him. I gave him myself and I don't have an ounce of regret. I loved everything that happened last night.

This was also the first time that I woke up and felt... light. It felt like a warm blanket was wrapped over me and it had nothing to do with Hades' arm around me.

I tilted my head to check on Hades. He was still in a deep sleep. He looked like a sleeping prince. I smiled at that thought.

I was well aware of my body clock so I could easily guess that it's around six in the morning. My lifestyle trained my body to be up early. I was also aware that Hades wasn't a morning person, so waking him up wasn't an option.

I didn't want to leave him, especially since he was still sleeping but it was a Saturday and I had work.

I carefully untangled his arm away from me before sitting up. Hindi ako agad umalis at pinagbigyan ang sarili na panoorin si Hades. When I was contented, I leaned down to kiss him on the forehead and stood up to get dressed.

I moved stealthily as I got out of the room. It was early so I was confident that I wouldn't be crossing paths with someone. That was until I passed by the kitchen and saw Takumi.

"Oh my God," I squealed and held my chest.

"Seph," Takumi greeted with an amused grin. "Nagtaka ako may narinig akong sumarang pinto. Akala ko may himala na at nagising si Hades nang maaga. Dito ka pala natulog."

"Uh... yeah. Sorry, hindi ako nagpaalam na dito ako matutulog." I stood there awkwardly. I felt slightly embarrassed, too.

This was the first time I slept over at his place and if he didn't know last night, I was sure that Takumi knew that something happened between me and Hades now.

"You have a card to my place and you're worried about that?" Takumi chuckled. "Why are you up early anyway? Aalis ka?"

"I have work. Can you tell Hades as soon as he wakes up?"

"Sure." He nodded.

"Thanks, Takumi." I smiled and bid him goodbye before leaving his unit.

I was sore from last night so I skipped my quick morning workout routine and jumped straight into shower.

I was in the middle of choosing my outfit for the day when my phone rang from the bedroom. Hinayaan ko lang 'yon. I figured it was just Emma checking if I was already awake.

The ringing was nonstop. Nakapili at nakapagbihis na ako pero walang tigil pa rin ang tawag. Emma was never a persistent caller. She knew how much it annoyed me. Unless it was an emergency.

I got out of my walk-in closet and sashayed my way to the side of the bed. I picked up my phone and saw my manager's name on the caller I.D. instead of Emma's.

There was only one reason why Mama Ton would call so early in the morning. Something bad happened.

"Hello?"

"Sa wakas at sumagot ka na rin!" hiyaw agad ang bungad niya. "Ano na namang ginawa mo kagabi? There's a blind item article about you and a mysterious guy who wasn't Gio!"