Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Cheers!" the entire crew bellowed as they raised their shot glasses filled with soju.

I wasn't fond of drinking soju but I took a shot just to be with them in spirit. It was supposed to be a taping day today pero nag-half day lang at nang sumapit ang four o'clock ay pumunta ang buong production crew at cast sa Yoshimeatsu, a Korean and Japanese restaurant. The big bosses rented out the place so we can celebrate the end of promotion premiere of the pilot episode tonight.

I was just glad that the promo was done. It was exhausting to be always smiling at the camera. I love my fans and I love doing mall shows. I used to love the attention and fame and acting equally but after years of being in the spotlight, I've outgrown it and I was more invested in my craft.

Plus, the promo period is always just pure hell. Hindi dahil sa fan interactions but because of the T.V. guesting. Lalo na sa mga T.V. shows na may games.

Everyone was busy eating and chatting. Hindi naman ako makakain nang madami dahil may charity ball ako bukas. I didn't wanna bother working out so I'd rather watch my food consumption.

I checked my wrist watch. Masyado pang maaga. We've only been here for an hour but I was already eager to go home. I had plans to watch the pilot episode with the guys. I don't usually watch my own series unless it was for a study, but they weren't the type who watches Filipino films or TV series so I wanted to be there for their first time.

"May lakad ka?" Rowan suddenly asked beside me. He was pouring himself another glass of soju. Medyo namumula na rin siya. Mestiso si Rowan kaya madali talagang pumula kapag umiinom. Based on my night out experiences with him. This time though, the redness might have something to do with the two bottles of soju that he managed to finish.

"Wala naman." I picked up my chopsticks and took some seasoned spinach to make a point.

"Hmm..." Rowan teasingly hummed but didn't say anything else.

I mingled for the next thirty minutes before announcing that I was going to leave. Wala naman angal ang lahat. It was normal for the casts to leave early. Usually, events like these are made for the production team who really worked hard. Mas komportable pa nga sila kapag wala ang mga artista. Or maybe it was just me. I personally think that I wasn't fun to be around with. I could socialize just fine but I wasn't a social butterfly like Rowan.

Iniwan ko si Emma sa restaurant para mag-enjoy siya kasama ang iba. Ako lang ang umalis. There wasn't a new text from Hades. His last text, he told me that he was still at his university and to let him know if I was on the way home so that was what I did.

Hades:
Already?

Halatang hindi siya makapaniwala na maaga akong uuwi. With my schedule, kadalasan ay nine or ten na talaga ang pinakamaagang uwi ko sa bahay. Lalo na at naging abala ako sa promo.

Hades:
I'm stuck at a group meeting.

I pouted. This was a first. Palagi ako yung huling umuuwi dahil sa busy schedule ko. I already knew about this though since he mentioned it was their midterms so he was going to be really busy, considering that their exams were coming up.

Me:
Are you gonna make it?

Hades:
Of course, baby. I just hate that I won't be there when you get home.

That made me smile.

Me:
It's my turn to welcome you home then.

Hindi agad nakasagot si Hades. I could imagine him handsomely grinning after reading my message.

Once I reached home, I cleaned up and changed into a comfortable tank top and dolphin shorts. I used my free time to do some house chores, when Hades told me that he was on his way, I left my unit and went to Takumi's.