Epilogue

I was one lucky bastard.

That was all I could think of as I steal glances at Persephone who was sitting on the passenger's seat.

Staring at her should be illegal. Her hair styled in an up-do with strands of hair fanning her face. She barely had any makeup on, not that she needed it. She was always effortlessly beautiful, especially in the mornings with her bare face and eyes sleepy.

With the midnight blue satin evening dress that hugged that her slim frame, she looked like an ethereal goddess from another realm. I could worship her day and night. Give her all the sacrificial lambs that she needs. Execute whatever rituals and orations needed so she would stay with me forever.

"Dharma and Jared both said they'd take the role. Dharma's excited about it. And Jared... is Jared." I caught her eye roll when I stole a quick glance. "I didn't even need to convince them about how good the script is or negotiate their fee. They just want to be a part of the first film that I'll be directing on my own."

"That's great, baby," I commended.

"Right?" she giddily affirmed.

This was our daily routine whenever I'd pick her up from work. She'd tell me about her day, updates about her project, and then I would do the same. She would always seem so enthusiastic whenever she would listen to me even though I was sure that my days were less interesting than hers. Full of long ass meetings and always about investors and stocks.

"We already finalized the locations. Hopefully the permits wouldn't be hard to get." Her nose scrunched. Fucking adorable.

Cute was something that I would never use to describe her. Especially at the time we first met.

I remember thinking how gorgeous she was even with the lack of lighting... and that she was a complete snob. She had the hands-off attitude that made her intimidating and out of reach. As cliché as it sounded, she was different from the girls I've met.

She also weirded me out. Back then, I didn't know her nor heard of her. I just assumed that she was a famous personality based on her ducking from the press and not wanting to be seen at a hotel.

After dropping her off at the room, I found myself stalling at the basement parking of the hotel. After firing a quick apology to my mom for not being able to pick her up—I couldn't resist searching for her name on Instagram.

She had over seventeen million followers and her bio stated that she's an actress. Her feed was the typical aesthetic photos, endorsements, behind the scenes photos. Her photos embodied her rich and famous status, her captions; friendly and sweet. Where was girl who snapped at me for asking a stupid question? Where was the girl who almost cried at the backseat of my car because she had nowhere to go?

I should have stopped at her Instagram, but then I had to go and Google her name. I saw the latest article about her being engaged to her years long boyfriend. That quickly killed any spark of interest I was feeling.

I don't meddle with relationships. I never had the need to, nor ever wanted to. I only ever had flings. I didn't even engage in one-night stands. My parents raised me with good manners. Hence, take them to dinner before taking them to bed.

I live in a gentleman code that even when the opportunity presented itself, I still made sure to uphold it. Just like what was happening right now.

I was solo at the gym because Orion ditched me. Finding a hook up was the last thing in my mind, until a girl tried so hard to catch my attention. It was painfully obvious that she was acting clueless on how the machine worked.

I could tell from her figure that she frequently goes to the gym. She had a pretty face to match her hot body. I used to find curves on women extremely attractive. The thicker, the better... But my preference shifted recently. I've found an appreciation for dainty frames that look delicate.