Chapter Twenty Eight

"Kaia, my dear," bati ni Raja pagkadating ko ng boutique niya.

"Raja, thank you for accommodating me in such short notice," I answered.

"Oh please. You're one my muses. You're always welcome here." She leaned in for an air kiss.

Raja's a renowned famous international designer. We've been together since day one. Back when she was still starting and now her works were worn by Hollywood artists and even by royalties. Even being in demand abroad, she wanted her main office to be in Manila. Main reason was because she wanted people to come for her and not vice versa.

"I've been busy with the promotion that I just forgot about the gala," paliwanag ko.

Busy naman talaga ako pero hindi ko lang talaga priority na magpagawa ng outfit para lang sa gala. When it comes to events that were facilitated by my father, I prefer to get it off the rack. Granted, the gala was my mother's event but I knew better.

"Of course, of course. I have several evening gowns with you in my mind." Kumindat siya sa akin.

"I trust your taste," I said to flatter her. I didn't need to tell her what I wanted. She was a professional so I'd wear whatever she had for me.

She gave me a selection of gowns to choose from in her new collection. I chose a mermaid gold dress that had intricate crystal beaded design of a floral pattern and had a sweep train. It had a deep v-neck that would make prudes look away.  A fair amount of my back was exposed, too. Once altered, it would showcase my hips perfectly. It would take a few hours to alter it so I just opted to have it delivered.

I went to my trusted hair and makeup studio. They accommodated me even with the same-day booking. My hair was styled into an effortless looking beach curl, as advised by Raja. For my makeup, the brown eyeshadow and volumized eyelashes and pink gloss were the highlight. It took two hours, almost the same time my gown was brought to the studio by one of Raja's assistants. She stayed in case the gown would still need modification.

She and Emma helped me into the gown to avoid getting my makeup ruined in the process. It was a perfect fit. I stood in front of the full-length mirror while the assistant zipped up the dress and fixed the train for me.

"Sobrang ganda niyo po, Ma'am," puri ng assistant na si Trinie, nang matapos siya.

Ngumiti ako. "Thank you."

"Pwede po bang magpa-picture?"

"Of course." I nodded and looked at Emma. Agad siyang kumilos para kunin ang phone ni Trinie.

After our pictures together, she requested to take a photo of me so she could send it to Raja. May dala siyang professional camera para roon.

After a few poses, she showed me the photos. I was happy with it 'cause it looked like it was taken by a professional. I had Emma ask for copies. Nagpalitan sila ng email address bago umalis si Trinie.

"Emma, can you bring the clutches here so I can choose?"

"Sige, Kaia. Dadalhin ko rito." Iniwan niya agad ako sa kwarto.

I used the opportunity to check my phone. There wa a new message from Hades sent thirty minutes ago. It's a miracle that he didn't flood me with messages today.

Hades:
Baby, notice me.

Seph:
Almost done. What are you doing?

Hades:
Playing with Zeno. I asked for a time out.

Can I see you in your dress?

Seph:
You can see it later when you unzip it.

Hades:
Are you trying to have sext with me...