Chapter 61 Part 4

It's the morning of me and CJ's birthday. I wake up around 9 somethin. I set an alarm as always so I can get up and help with the girls but I guess Demi did it. I smell food, so I get up, brush my teeth and stuff, throw in some basketball shorts and go downstairs. Jr's in his high chair waiting for the food to be done. "Wassup Lil man." I say taking him out of the chair. "Happy birthday buddy." I give him a kiss on the cheek. "Hey honey. Happy birthday." "Thank you." I give her a kiss. "Breakfast is almost ready." "Alright." I go sit down at the table with Jr in my lap. "Lets take a picture." I say pulling out my phone. He loves to take them. He'll smile for it too. I take the picture and he's smiling and I'm giving him a kiss on the forehead. I post it to Instagram.

"Happy to share this day with my only son! I love this lil guy so much. Happy 1st Birthday Jr. #WhoDoYouLove #IDontGetTired #Se7enPounds"

Demi comes with my plate is his. She sits his on his high chair. "He can eat over here with me." "You sure?" "Yeah, of course....imma take him to practice with me." "Okay." She sits down and eats with us. After breakfast, I get him dressed in Nike shorts a Nike dri-fit shirt and Nike shoes. He waits downstairs with Demi while I get dressed. I grab my bag and head downstairs. "Come on Jr." I say walking over to the couch. "I'll see you when we get out of practice." I give her a kiss. "Okay. By the way, I'm taking you on a date tonight." "Oh yeah. Where we goin?" "Just a little dinner, a movie and maybe a little something sweet afterwards...nothing really all that special" "anything that you do for me is always gonna be special....and somethin sweet huh?" I say then give her another kiss. "Someone's mind is in the gutter." "Always...but that's not what I meant, however, that doesn't mean that it won't happen." "Well, imma still think of it that way." "Whatever makes you feel better." "You make me feel better." I say staring her deep in the eyes, making her feel some type of way. "We'll continue this later...I don't want you to be late." "Alright. See you later." I say and we leave.

We get to the practice facility. He chills on the inside of my locker while I get dressed. My teammates wishing us a happy birthday as they pass through. I finish, look up and he has my helmet on his head. Of course I gotta get a picture. I stick my phone in my bag, take my helmet off his head, grab his hand and we walk out towards the field. He stands on the sidelines and watch. Everyone around keeps him entertained. After practice, we head back to the lockerroom. I get a movie going on the iPad for him while I shower. After showering I et dressed and I have to address the media and they're waiting to be let in the locker room. Once I'm done they come in and stand around me with cameras and mics in my face. "Happy Birthday Kap." "Thank you." I look around at them waiting for the first question. "Kap, how ready are you to get back on the field." "I'm very ready. Having to sit out 7 games isn't fun. Ready to have that number 7 on my back again." "Physically, how ready are you?" "I had a good practice today, and I'm ready to do what the coaches ask of me." "Are you 100 percent to do so." "I'm gonna do whatever they ask of me." I repeat, trying not to give too much information. If I say I'm still weak or my knee isn't as strong, defenses will take advantage of that. "Do you know if you're gonna start the game." "I'm not sure. It's up to the coaches." "Have you been able to quickly study what the rams defense has been doing." "Just because I was injured, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop studying film." I say then give a smirk. We finish up and they all leave. I turn around and Lil man is sittin in the locker, knocked out. I put the iPad in my bag, out my bag over my shoulder and pick him up. We get to the car, I put him in the carseat and buckle him in. I get a picture of em and him walking to the field. I save it, and post it.

"Take my hand son, and I'll lead you down the right path. But later in life, it'll be up to you to decide if you stay on it or not. #WhoDoYouLove #Se7enPounds #IDontGetTired" demilovato