Chapter 48 Part 3

I leave the girls room, go downstairs make sure all the doors are locked and the lights are off then head upstairs. I go in to cali's room to make sure she's okay and isn't awake. I go to say prayers with the girls and tell them good night, then go to my room. I strip down to my boxers and get in bed. I lay there and think about how my daughter looks nothing like me. It constantly runs through my brain, and I force myself not to think that way because, if I do, it'll get in the way of me actually making a connection with her the way I have with the twins. So every time these thoughts pop up, I make them go away, but tonight I couldn't. I mean Demi was on tour, we had sex one night...and it was literally for maybe 10 minutes. I mean what if she cheated on me and this is my way of finding out, but I refuse to believe that, but I'll never know...unless I DNA Test Cali. That's the only way I'll know for sure. 20 minutes later and Demi walks in the room. "Took them a while to go to bed, but they finally fell asleep." She says and joins me in bed. "What?" She asks as she catches me staring at her. "Nothing." "Ya know....it's been a while..." She says reaching under the covers and starts massaging me. "Chill out. It ain't been 6 weeks." "It's been 5. Close enough." "We'll the doctor said 6..besides, I'm tired...gotta be up early tomorrow for the twins." "Well I was gonna take them, and I'd let you stay here with Cali." "Well I mean either way, we're both gonna be up. You know Cali wakes up early for a bottle every morning." "Are you okay." She asks. "Yeah, I'm fine. See you in the morning." I say, then give her a kiss on the forehead. The next morning, everyone in the house is awake. Demi's feeding Cali and I just finished getting then girls dressed and we head downstairs. They eat breakfast and get ready to go. I sit on the couch and lay Cali next to me. "Alright, go tell daddy bye." They walk over and stand between my legs. I give them both hugs and kisses. "Lyn, remember, if you're not good today, no ice cream." She nods. "I love you both." "Love you too." They both say, and they leave.