Chapter 53 Part 4

"So what now?" "I don't know. I can't miss practice. That's just out of the question. We have 2 games left, then playoffs. She's trynna fuck with my head." "Then don't let her. You don't have practice today. You can finish this later, but right now, you at least need to go see your daughters." "I am. I just can't believe she did this. Only reason she didn't tell me ahead of time because she knew I wasn't havin it. I was gonna go to LA and bring them here and her ass coulda went to Texas." "Well I'm gonna go.." She says getting up. "Okay. Call me when you get back?" "I definitely will." I say walking her to the door. "Good luck." She says. "Thanks...I'll talk to you soon." She leaves and I pack a bag, book the flight and leave. Before boarding the plane, I let Demi know I'm coming. A few hours later, I land and she's here to pick me up. I get in the car and give her a look of disgust basically. "Please don't start." She says. "You serious right now. I'm getting the place decorated so it can at least feel like Christmas for them, and you pull some shit like this?" "I told you that you are welcomed to join us." "You know damn well I can't. I have a job that requires me to show up everyday. Did you forget." "I'm doing what's best for them. There's so much negativity between us....much like right now, and I don't need that ruining the holiday." "Yeah, well you at least could have given me a heads up. You just don't go to another state with my kids, without letting me know." We finally pull up at the house. "I'm letting you know right now, pull some shit like this again, and I swear to God, I will do whatever it takes to get full custody of them." "You said you wouldn't do that." "Yeah, well that's before you started doin this shit." I say then get out the car. My mood changes the minute I walk in and see my twins' faces light up as they see me. "Daddyyyyyy!" They both yell running up to me. I pick them both up, and hug them tightly...I don't even wanna let them go. "Where's Cali." "With grandma." Cayleigh says pointing. Okay, I say and we walk in the livingroom, Demi following close behind.

"Heyyyy look who's here." Dianna says. "Hey." I say giving her a hug. Cali's laying next to her, and a big smile is on her face. "Hey how's daddy's baby?" I say picking her up. "Are you here for the next 2 weeks too." "No...I actually gotta get back tomorrow morning....actually, my parents wanna see the girls and I told them I'd come and get them." "What?" Demi says. "Yeah. I told you this in the car." I say, lying my ass off. She wants to continue to play these little games, I can play along too. " yeah I'm gonna take them back with me tomorrow." "Well that's a bummer, but I know they hardly get to see your family." "Yeaaaah. So that's why I made this random trip." "Colin can I talk to you please?" Demi says. "Umm yeah. Sure." I give Cali back to Dianna and follow Demi upstairs to the room. "What the hell was that?" She says. "What you mean?" "Taking the girls to your parents crap." "I meant what I said about taking the girls back with me, and they'll see my parents on Christmas when I go." "You can't do that." "I'm their father, and I can do whatever the hell I want. You can join us, if you want...but I don't know if you should. So much negative energy in the air....kinda like right now." "You're such a dick." "This ain't nobody fault but yours." "You're not taking them." "Yes I am. I don't care what you have to say. I wouldn't cause such commotion about it either...unless you've told your parents...doesn't seem like it though. I'm sure they'll be thrilled when they find out." "Why are you being like this?" "Why not. You did this. This is your fault. I know I did wrong. But you took it to the extreme, and now look where we're at." "I didn't DNA test our daughter...you did. You're the one who became insecure and started questioning if you could trust me. This is your fault. Everything is, and if you take those girls I swear to God.." "What you gone do. Huh? Can't call the cops, you don't wanna be straight up with your parents, and even then, they ain't gone stop me. I'll let you have em tonight, but tomorrow, they're mine."