Mariposa 🦋🦋

Tapping her pen on her desk and staring at the time, Cookie found herself trying to find the right way to tell Lucious about her secret. Why did Damon have to make himself known now? Why could he have just left her alone like he clearly had been doing the past 6 years. The door opened, a tiny figure walking in. "Mama? Where's daddy?" Haven asked. "Daddy is handling some business. What's going on?" Cookie asked, picking her up and putting Haven on the desk. "Can we go?" "Go where?" Haven shrugged her shoulders, playing with the pens on the desk.

"You want to......go get something to eat?" "No." "Do you want to go home?" "No " "wanna go shopping?" Haven's face lit up at the thought of spending her parents money. "Come one mama! We gotta go before daddy finds out!" Haven tossed out, jumping down and racing to the door. In an instance, Cookie felt her spirits lifted up. She had a daughter that she could do all the things that she dreamed of and her she was worried about a nigga that Lucious could kill if she told him to.

But regardless of that fact, she wanted things to be different for them this go around. The ordeal with Kingsley was the last scene of bloodshed that she wanted Haven around. "Can we get ice cream pwease?" "Mmhmm and then when we're done we can watch your daddy beat Jamal's ass." "Why?" "Because he's teaching you this baby talk and day worked very hard teaching you how to talk like a big girl." A smile crept across Haven's face before she burst out laughing. "You are definitely your daddy's child."

Meanwhile
Ar the Mansion

"If you don't want to put up the money then you can always put up something else valuable as collateral," Thirsty mentioned. Lucious sat back in his chair, looking at the security camera, making a mental note to have the one inside the guest house removed. "Like what?" "Well I was thinking something as bait if you would." Lu scrunched his face not sure what Thirsty was getting at.  "You know that Derrick Adams....." "I'm not putting up that painting.  "Not the babymoon gift. The other one. From back in scrapping days"

Lu looked to the side at the painting that hung next to his bookshelf. "The reason why I say this one is because Cookie looks so much-" "Like Reign......." Lu let out a heavy breath. That painting alone was worth 3 million. But to Lucious and Cookie it was priceless. "Haven loves looking at this picture. She'd scream bloody murder that it's missing and that's my ass."

"We'll make a copy of it and it'll look like it was never missing. Just 24 hours boss. If Damon bites, it'll be so worth it. Plus you're not losing this game with our plan. Have it back by 8am tomorrow." This was the real gamble. He could lose money and act like he bought Cookie a surprise gift. But this painting was irreplaceable. "She can't know. They can't know." "I got you boss. Nothing is going to happen. I'm going to get this done before tonight." Putting out his phone, Lu clicked on Cookie's name.

Lucious: Cookie Monster

Cookie: Yesssss

Lucious: You know I love you right

Cookie: I love you too Lucious

Lucious: No baby I truly love you beyond words. I'm not always the best man but you never have loved me any less. In a world full of poisonous leeches you are my antidote and I wouldn't be King without you as my Queen.

Cookie: What's wrong?

Lucious: I just wanted to shower you with my love. I promise you nothing is wrong or going to go wrong. I got you. I got our family. I got us. Yall are my lifeline and I'll be damned if a washed up street rat feels like he has an inkling of control over my Pride.

Cookie: I trust you Lucious and I love you beyond my words. I also bought something that you'd love

Lucious: Oh Yeah? 😏 Lemme see