Everybody Has a Part To Play

Laying in a bed, Jamal woke up for the second time, this time more sober and aware of what was going on. Since his dad went missing, he found himself venting his issues to Skye more than he was to Philip. He loved Philip, but he felt comfortable without judgement with Skye. At times he felt like Philip didn't care to dwell on the family issues, especially those that included Lucious.

So when he found himself feeling down about his father's absence or needing to focus on new music, he found his way to Skye's. At first, he used the excuse of seeing Aden as the reason he was always there. But one drunken night after another, he found himself coming over for more than conversation. Sitting up slowly, he saw a glass of water and an aspirin on the night stand. Popping a couple in his mouth, he looked around for his phone, not seeing it on the bed.

Seeing his pants thrown by the door, he stood up to check his pockets, only to find it under his feet. Once he got it, he instantly saw the 10 missed calls from Philip. Growing annoyed he knew he had to lie again. It wasn't like he wanted to keep doing it but he had to, because he didn't know how to explain how he found comfort in between a woman's legs. He loved Philip more than anything, but he didn't understand the desire to partake in the warm walls of Skye.

The door opened, Aden running inside to climb on the bed. "Daddy! I got a piano like you!" The little one exclaimed. "Oh yeah? Lemme see it," Mal said, watching his son run out the room and back with the little keyboard. "This is nice. You want me to teach you how to play?" He asked Aden. Nodding his head, the 4 year old climbed in Mal's lap, watching the way his hands moved. Skye walked in the room, smiling at the father and son bonding.

"Mommy, daddy showing me how to play!" Aden informed her. "That's great baby, but daddy is going to have to wait because food is ready," she told him. Aden's face lit up as he jumped down and ran out the room. "That's the Lyon in him. I swear my sister does the same thing. Acts like she's starving," Jamal laughed, then found himself getting upset. He noticed Haven hadn't been eating, just like Cookie, which all went back to Lucious being gone.

He looked down, seeing his phone ringing. He put up a finger, Skye already knowing the drill, turned to go join Aden at the table. "Heeeeeeyyyyyyy babe. What's up?" Jamal asked, standing up and putting on his pants. "Where are you? I've been calling all night," Philip asked, worried that Jamal might relapse again. "I was at my mom's last night then came to see my son. It's eased my mind about my dad. I'm sorry I didn't call, but I'm about to leave now," Mal lied so smoothly.

"Okay baby. I was just worried that's all. I'll see you when you get home," Phil hung up, not sure he believed the story he was fed. Jamal looked at the screen and groaned, falling back on the bed. Skye walked back in, straddling Jamal's lap. "Don't let him ruin your day. Get up and come eat," She spoke as she kissed on his neck and chest. "How am I going to get up if you're on me?" He asked, running his hands through her hair. "You didn't have a problem getting up last night," she purred against his skin.

"Stop playing," he laughed as he sat up. "I gotta go check on my moms and my sister. Make sure they good. I'll see you later," Jamal put his shirt on and stood up in front of Skye. "You promise?" She looked up at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Yes. I promise," he captured her lips, drawing out a moan from her. He pulled away, leaving her in a trance. Smiling he walked out, telling Aden bye and heading out. He needed to go home, but with a boyfriend in a pissed mood, he didn't feel like dealing with that just yet.

At Empire

Cookie walked through the lobby, trying to get a response from Jamal. Getting frustrated, she threw her phone in her purse. Porsha walked around the corner, seeing her boss after 2 and a half weeks. She stormed towards Cookie, annoyed with her lack of leadership. "Finally! Where have you been?" Porsha shouted out. Cookie looked at her, knowing damn well she wasn't talking to her like that. "You better fix that damn tone I know that," Cookie hissed, walking the halls, looking for Becky.