Don't Blame Him for OUR Choices

*18 Years Ago*

"Are you sure about this? I'm good with just selling what I got," Reign voiced, rubbing her pregnant belly. "I'm sure. You need the extra money and daddy is all about getting money quick. Plus he has a soft spot for pregnant women. He'll let you pick up something extra," Yana told her. Pulling up to her father's house, Reign marveled at the beautiful structure. It wasn't a Hollywood mansion on the hill, but it definitely was something out of a movie. "He got this from selling?" She asked. "No he doesn't use that money to purchase major things like the house or cars. This is from his government job." "Government job?" "He's a Correctional Officer. Possibly warden soon," Yana explained.

Reign couldn't believe it. The man she ran into last year had an entirely separate life. She had seen him once in her new career and honestly didn't know much about him except that as long as you got his money on time, you wouldn't hear from him. And that he was Yana's father. She and Yana linked up like sisters after Yana paid her a visit, courtesy to her father regarding rules and boundaries. "Is he throwing a party?" "No. I think it's a meeting. It's okay though. Come on. He's not that scary," Yana voiced. Reign followed her inside, looking at the decor throughout the house. If he didn't use his dope money to buy the house, she could only imagine if he used it to cover his expensive taste.

Walking in they saw a number of people in certain areas of the house. They went into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water. "Stay here I'm going to go get daddy," Yana voiced as she ran upstairs. Reign breathed in the air, feeling like this is how the other half lived. "What's your name?" She heard asked. Looking at another woman and two men, Reign felt the need to keep her identity hidden. "Renee," she told them. "Nice to meet you Renee. I'm Laila and this is Ram and Shooter. You know you are the second pregnant woman here." "Oh really. I haven't walked around yet." "Yeah. I guess he said EVERYBODY had to be here for this meeting. I wish he'd bring his ass on though. I got shit to do," Laila groaned.

"This is a meeting?" Reign asked before hearing heavy footsteps coming around the corner. "Get outside," a voiced boomed, the same big ass nigga she's encountered over the year. "For what? He's not even here!" Laila snapped. "Get the fuck outside bitch! Everybody in this house is here for a reason and that reason will be explained outside. Get to fucking moving now!" The man barked. When Reign didn't move, he eyed her up and down. "I'm not here for a meeting. Yana brought me here to-" "If she brought you then you're here for a meeting. Get yo pregnant ass outside now!" Reign put her bottle of water down and slowly did as she was told, feeling like it was a set up.

Everyone lined up around the backyard, wondering what the hell was going on. Then he appeared, Yana no where in sight. "Mr. Cross I-" the sound of a pistol going off had everyone drop down to the ground. "THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! STAY ON THE FUCKING GROUND! LEARN YOUR PLACE WHILE YOU'RE THERE!" Damon spat. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god," Laila started to hyperventilate. "Calm down. It's okay. Breathe slowly," Reign told her, seeing Damon eyeing in their direction. Watching him closely, she noticed he didn't speak. He just had a goon following behind him with a bag. "He's just collecting-" another shot fired making her look up.

"How hard is it to have all the money that's owed to me? I feel like I'm a generous man, don't you?" Damon asked. "Yes sir." Reign rolled her eyes at the submissive goon. "I'm short a stack. He's going to fucking kill me," Laila whispered looking at Ram. Spinning her crossbody bag around, Reign eyed the money she had. She was considered a newbie but hustling was in her blood. She didn't know who she inherited that drive from but she figured out how to make Damon's money and then some extra without compromising a single sack. "I owe 10 stacks I have 16. Here take a stack," Reign said, handing the panicking girl the money.

Saying a silent prayer as a number of shots went off, Reign knew she was ready to kick Yana's ass. Finally looking up, she was face to face with Mr. Cross. "You know I saw that," Damon voiced. "Saw wha-" her ears ringing from Laila getting shot between the eyes. "She was short. Let her be short. Usually I would go about and take out the generous mothafucka who doesn't let people learn their lesson. But I see you're in a predicament of your own and I want to know why," Damon said. "Why what?" "Why would you take money out of your unborn baby's mouth?" "Babies.........and because I pull in almost 2 times the amount I owe you within 2 weeks meaning I'm working 10 times harder than 75% of these able bodied niggas here."