The Unknown

*Flashback*
35 and a half years ago

Renee walked through the hallways of the hospital, looking for her daughter. She had gotten word that the job had turned sideways when Cookie was caught in the middle of the crossfire trying to help Lucious. She instantly got to the hospital after seeing what looked like Lucious driving Bunkie's car. A door opened and shut, a rush of nurses and doctors came out, followed by Lucious. Waiting until they passed, she walked by the door, hearing her daughter crying while the doctors continued to work on her. "Why does it still hurt!?" Cookie cried out.

"It's your body trying to remove the placenta. It's going to feel like you're giving birth again. Just bear with us," the doctor answered. Soon another rush of nurses and doctors came out. Holding another infant. "Is that my daughter's child?" Renee asked, keeping up with their pace. "Yes ma'am. This is the second one. We're going to the OR and we're going to try and save her. "Does she know?" Renee questioned, a thought running through her head. "Not yet. The doctor working on her wants to wait until we get the news on both of the babies. This is as far as you can go ma'am," the nurse told her.

"Can you inform me about this one. I don't think she can handle any more bad news. I should be the one to tell her," Renee said, hoping that the nurses bought it. "I'll let the doctors know. We'll keep you up to date," Renee let them go on to work on her second grandchild. She prayed and hoped that the little one lived. She wanted to tend to the child since she figured that Cookie and Lucious most likely didn't have the funds to do so. It's not like they knew how to raise a normal child let alone a preemie with possible medical conditions.

Hours passed, a doctor informed her that Cookie had left against medical advice and refused to sign off on anything. Neither wanted to hear what the doctor had to say about a baby when they just held their dead daughter. Anything pertaining to twin B was solely Renee's responsibility unless she could get Cookie and Lucious back up to the hospital, given that technically they abandoned the child. Renee swore that she'd try to get her daughter back in to sign off on anything involving the child, except she didn't. In her mind, she was doing Cookie a favor. Taking a problem off her hands.

Finally the little one was out of surgery, the next 48 hours being critical to her living. After being cleared, she spent about another month in the NICU. Renee stayed there everyday, making sure nothing happened to her. A day before she was about to be released, the nurses asked of she had came up with a name. "Did her parents give the other twin a name?" She asked. "Ummm yeah. Nevaeh Reign," the nurse informed her. Her face scrunched up at Nevaeh, but she liked Reign. She looked down at her grandchild realizing that even though she was a little light bright, she looked like her little Lolo as a baby.

"Leilani. Leilani Reign Holloway," Renee said as she held her. "The last name on file is Lyon," the nurse pointed out, catching a glare from Renee. "I said what I said. My daughter doesn't want to be a mother. So I'm going to be a mother to her. Put down what I said," she said. The nurse nodded, doing as she was told. "You're mine. I'm gonna do right by you. You deserve so much more than a trap house. It's okay bright eyes. I got you," she whispered down, looking into the green eyes of her grand child. It seemed as though Lucious' hazel green eyes split between the two girls. Naevaeh having dominant hazel eyes and Leilani with green.

A couple days later after getting the birth certificate done with her name as mother and the father section blank, Renee took a trip through the neighborhood she last saw her daughter. She wanted to give her a last chance to come with her. A chance to be a mother with the help of her own. "COOK! Why are you acting like this!?" She heard someone yell out. She pulled over, watching to see what happens. "GET OFF ME LUCIOUS! Stop acting like you care about me! You haven't been with me since she died!" Cookie yelled as she stormed through the streets. Renee grew excited. This was the perfect time to pull Loretha back in.