Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Back To My Second, Broken Home

After that incredibly awkward Halloween incident, not a lot of things worth mentioning happened.

Well, that may be a lie.

However, if Percy had to pick some of the most important things, it'd definitely start with the time Harry broke his arm at Quidditch.

Yeah, not that exciting.

But needless to say, not only now Percy hated professor Lockhart, who was coming a close second to 'DADA teachers I've hated'- which is a lot, considering Quirrell was the first one, and he'd been possessed by Voldemort-; but also, he was becoming more wary of what the future held.

After all, a person- Colin Crefs? Or something like that- had been petrified.

And, in his books, that wasn't a good sign.

But now, winter break was approaching, and with that new troubles were arising.

This time, though, it was in the demigod world.

It all started when Hecate, once again, contacted him in a dream, only to say "Go back to Camp Half-Blood for the winter break". And then she disappeared.

Which, first of all, Rude.

And second, he was still kind of giving her the cold shoulder, after having his powers sealed by her.

That's what she gets.

He wasn't really expecting an apology from the goddess-they tended to be prideful like that-, but, at least, he expected to be greeted normally. You know, basic manners that apparently celestial beings don't have.

The world would be such a better place if only the higher ones would bother to greet you and ask a normal "how are you?" Before getting down to business.

And so, Percy did what was expected of him: He ignored Hecate.

Again, that's what she gets.

He was planning to leave it at that, but then, he recieved a letter to come back to Camp. Not any letter, though, Annabeth's letter.

And Annabeth would always get what she wanted from him... Though don't tell her that.

So, he packed his bags and told Moony about it. Of course, once Harry found out, he was incredibly unhappy- after all, he was going to spend time away from his brother for Christmas, the only tradition the two of them had done together since they were children, even when they lived at that house-. And after all this time, Percy was going to break that tradition just so he could go to his stupid Elite school? Why couldn't he just go during the summer? Did he not want to spend Christmas with Harry anymore?

Percy had to answer all these and more questions to his younger brother, wishing he could tell him the truth.

Just wishing, once again, that he hadn't been born a halfblood.

And with a heavy heart and a still angry brother, he left Hogwarts once again, to go back to his second home.

***