Chapter 17

Chapter 17: The Downsides

Perseus Jackson was the best student in his class.

Yeah, you didn't misread. No, I'm not kidding.

The point is, Percy did great in his studies, and, after he started to teach others, his school year was going somewhat smoothly.

Of course, that didn't last long.

The first problem was the scar, the one given to him and his brother by Voldemort. For some really weird reason, every time he got close to Professor Quirell (graciously named the sttutering mess by the Weasley twins), his scar began to hurt a lot.

Clearly, because of this, being in a lesson was terrible. He couldn't even concentrate and the pain got progressively worse as the time passed. And, after a while, he started remembering about the night his parents died, and the green flash of the killing curse.

Back pain was awful.

At the beginning, Percy thought it was a monster or something like that from the Greek world, but then Hecate told him that they can't enter Hogwarts because of the barrier. So, after searching for answers and getting none, he couldn't stand the pain anymore, and he began skipping DADA.

Now, this was a shock to everyone but him.

At Hogwarts, Percy was recognised as the best student of his year, who never missed a class... Of course, that is because no one, aside from Harry, knew what he was like before entering the magic school. But, even if he missed some lessons, he still held the place of the top of the class.

Anyways, the thing is, the scar wasn't the only problem.

Severus Snape was getting friendlier with him.

Again, you didn't misread. No, I'm really not kidding.

Somehow, after getting through the theory of Occlumency and the concepts of the mind (a pretty confusing thing, if you asked him), Percy finally got to practice more with Snape, which more or less went well.

Only downside? He may or may not have seen some memories of Vernon hitting him.

If he did, he didn't mention it, because Percy forcefully made him get away from his mind. After that, Snape started treating him with some consideration, or, at least, the type of consideration you'd get from a man like him.

And, of course, because of this his friends also had tons of jokes to make about him.

But, anyways, things started getting more and more complicated as the time went by, though, if he had to say when he began investigating what the bloody hell was happening, it would be the day a troll entered the dungeons.

***

First, let's go through some facts.

In his third year at Hogwarts, there was a girl Percy kept hearing about. But no, it wasn't good stuff, as what you would typically think.

This girl was called Hermione Granger.

And why did Percy have to listen so much about a girl he didn't know? Well, it's a simple answer: Because Ron and his brother always complained about her being a know-it-all.

Then again, you could say Percy was one, too (though he would kill you if he heard that).

The thing is, because of them complaining all the time, Percy did what was in his nature: he befriended the girl, and found out that she wasn't as bad as the boys said.

Actually, they got along pretty well, with both sharing the same perspective of magic, and Percy teaching her some tricks he learned from Hecate.

Maybe it was because of the knowledge they had, or because he could see the resemblance between Hermione and a certain daughter of Athena, but Percy decided to change the minds of Ron and Harry, making them see the true Hermione.

Well, this wasn't so easy; and, actually, the three of them couldn't be friends until the troll entered Hogwarts.

***

"Troll in the dungeons! Troll in the dungeons! Thought you ought to know" Said Professor Quirrell, before fainting.

Where were out heroes during that time? Well, that depends on which heroes you are asking about.

The first years Harry Potter and Ron Weasley were eating in the Great Hall, along with most of the students.

However, Hermione Granger was in the girls bathroom, with Perseus Jackson at her side, and Lee Jordan, Gred and Feorge Weasley standing outside.

How did that happen?

After certain idiots were talking bad about Hermione, she ran off, crying, to the girls bathroom. The boys, after that, were somewhat feeling guilty; and Percy, noticing their expression, asked what had happened.

"You did what?!" He exclaimed, surprised "You should never treat a girl like that! No, scratch that, you should never treat anyone like that!"

"W-We are sorry..." Said Harry, in a small voice. After all, Percy had never reprimanded him like that.

"You shouldn't be saying that to me" he said, and, before giving them a chance to talk again, he asked "where is she?"

"The girls bathroom"

And, without saying anything else, he ran towards it. When his friends noticed this, they went after him.

Then, what happened after Professor Quirrell shouted about the troll?

All hell broke loose.