Chapter 12

Chapter 12: The Offer

The days following his "incredible achivement", Percy Jackson was the centre of attention. Something he would, as the years passed, get used to.

For that time, Dumbledore gave him 50 points for his bravery, Moony freaked out when he heard the news (though Harry praised him a lot), the students constantly asked about what happened that day and even the Daily Prophet wrote a section about it. He was famous.

And he hated that attention.

After the rumours about him calmed down, nothing too weird happened that first year at Hogwarts.

Of course, there were lots of pranking adventures with the twins and Lee, they finally made their way into the kitchens- where Percy befriended the poor elves, giving them his thanks for making their food everyday- and also retrieved the parchment (A.K.A Marauders Map) from Filch's room, almost getting caught by Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat.

His friends had asked countless of times about why he was so interested in a blank piece of parchment, but he refused to tell them. He wanted to keep it his little secret for the time being. Plus, he didn't need to deal with more of the twins' pranks for the time being.

He recieved some points for Gryffindor- which he would probably lose later with his friends- during most of his classes by answering some questions and quickly performing spells.

Then it was Potions.

To say that his professor, Severus Snape, was the most uncharming person in the world wouldn't be an exaggeration. The man hated everyone.

Though, even then, he had gotten a special interest for Percy. And the boy wasn't going to let down that opportunity.

After the little incident in his first class, Snape decided to test him, asking him questions that normal first years wouldn't know, and expecting him to prepare the potions more than perfectly.

The thing is, Percy wasn't a normal first year, so the tasks were nothing too difficult for him. He was great in Potions, because, though he couldn't read the instructions on the board, it was like the water told him what to do next.

But, even if Snape got impressed by the boy, there was something upsetting about him. Starting with the some physical resemblances of the woman he still loved, Percy's eyes made him strangely nostalgic, like he was seeing her through him.

But that was ridiculous. She only had one son with that Potter boy.

"Mr. Weasley, can you tell me about the benefits of the Sleeping Draught Potion? And this time, don't ask Mr. Jackson about it" Professor Snape said. He already knew about their antics.

"Which Weasley" started Fred.

"Are you" continued his twin.

"Talking about" he said.

"Sir?" George finished.

Snape, growing irritated by them, said loudly:

"It doesn't matter which one!" though, what he didn't know was that he fell right into their trap.

While they were distracting Snape, Percy wrote the answer to the question in a piece of parchment and gave it to George, who was sitting next to him. All the red head had to do was to read it and the trick was done.

The red head answered satisfied, grinning smugly, until Snape talked again.

"Five points from Gryffindor. Jackson, you have detention for giving Mr.Weasley the answers" he said.