Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Sealed

"Perseus Jackson, you're in big trouble" Were the first words Hecate told him after entering the world of dreams.

He had fallen asleep besides Harry's bed, in the infirmary. Madam Pomfrey had been a bit reluctant on that; but, after some begging (and Dumbledore intervining), she accepted.

Unfortunately, Severus Snape was also present at the time, and, because the man was brilliant, he probably had figured out the relationship between Percy and Harry. After all, it must've been a little suspicious, specially with the fact that Percy was fairly similar to his mother, and shared some of her most outstanding features.

Now Percy would stop being Snape's (non official) favorite student. Such a shame the man seemed to loathe the Potter lastname and his relations.

Anyways, after all that drama, Percy could only do what he was best at: sleep.

And, of course, Hecate was there.

"If only Harry hadn't been unconscious, you could've revealed our world! You don't understand the consequences of that! It was reckless!" She shouted at him.

That was a really warm welcome, uh? He had just delayed Voldemort's coming, and all he got in return was screaming. Hecate could be a real pain in the ass when she wanted. Couldn't she just congratulate him with some blue cookies?

"What was I supposed to do?" Percy interrumped her, which was a brave (and foolish) act, considering he was dealing with an angry goddess.

"He was being attacked. I had to protect him, even if I break a promise on the Styx. I can't let Harry die".

At that, Hecate looked at him with someting along the lines of 'I'm proud of you for that but you're an extreme brute'.

"Percy, if you reveal our world, it will all be over for us. Don't you get it?" The goddess said, sighing deeply.

But there was nothing that could calm our angry demigod.

"No! YOU don't get it! I'll sacrifice everything just to protect the ones I love!" He shouted. Then, after calming a little he said "Harry's my only family left. I HAD to do something. I don't think I'd be able to bear it if something happened to him while I could've prevented it".

"Then, I'll have to show you the damage your actions can cause" the goddess answered. She didn't even give Percy a moment to understand her words.

And, just like that, everything disappeared.

***

White.

It was the only thing he could see.

Who was the foolish that described white as "pure" or "perfection"?

Because there was nothing perfect with the lack of color in front of him. It didn't feel reassuring, quite the opposite in fact: it seemed to keep things in place, as if nothing else moved, as if nothing else existed.

It was perturbing.

Everything was empty.

Slowly, things around him regained color, and objects started forming. Not before long, the scenery could be easily recognized. It took him some time to adapt to the drastic change.

Unfortunately, once he could see what was happening in front of him, he decided maybe the complete whiteness wasn't that opressing.