Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Another Peaceful Summer In A Totally Normal Camp

It was time to return to his other life as Percy Jackson.

This time, however, he didn't feel any curiosity about what would happen in his future. He didn't want to know.

He never asked to be a half-blood, after all.

Now, specially, things were looking bad, as he couldn't even use his magic to help him out.

Thanks, Hecate. That was really considerate. Not like his magic could've helped him not to die during his quests, but whatever.

He guessed that's what can happen when your whole existence could bring the end of not one, but three different worlds (if we count the mortal one, which would obviously be affected).

Wow. His life really sucked.

After getting out of the Hogwart's train, where he just listened to his friends talking about winning the House Cup, he barely got any time to greet Moony before departing to New York.

It made him really sad that he didn't even get the summer to spend with his father figure, but duty was calling.

His brother, of course, was displeased at not being able to go with him, but Percy left the explanations (or more like the lies) about Camp to Moony.

He didn't have the heart to lie again to his brother, even if he knew it was necessary.

Being a demi-wizard wasn't easy.

Well, at least he got to see Grover in a wedding dress.

***

"Home sweet home" he said, as he watched the Camp being attacked by Bulls, after being told that Thalia's tree had been poisoned.

It was like trouble was waiting for him to arrive to make a grand appearance.

And let's not forget about the cyclop he had accidentally brought to Camp, who turned out to be his half brother.

Or Chiron being fired and replaced with a dic- sorry, I meant Tantalus.

Or the fact that Grover had been kidnapped.

Or- you know what? I know you get the drill.

So, once again, he found himself going on another quest (which he wasn't supposed to do). What a joy.

And it went as good as anything in his life, meaning that he barely survived.

Getting to know that your once friend Luke Castellan, who also tried to kill you, was working along with your worst enemy and the one you were supposed to stop or else the world would end (Otherwise known as Kronos), was not exactly how he had pictured friendship's hardships.

In the movies it normally involved fighting because of a girl or something like that. Here, it was more like fighting over the end of the world.

Why was his fate so extra? Why couldn't they be fighting over something simpler?

And on top of that, he had to watch as his half-brother Cyclop exploded, before he even got to sort out how he felt about him.

I mean, Tyson was awesome, no matter what. After all, his new little brother only treated him well, and in return he got Percy's embarrassmet of having him.