Chapter 19

Chapter 19: A Fight Against The Fucking Green Thing

"You know, I can't even complain if we get detention, i'm too tired for that" said Percy.

Around him were the Hogwart's teachers along with the headmaster. And, just a few meters behind, Ron Weasley and Harry Potter.

"At least no one was injured" said professor Mcgonagall " which is a great feat, considering the circumstances".

"How did they even manage to survive?" Asked Severus Snape, glaring at the five students. He had said that like he was displeased by the lucky outcome.

The friends looked at each other. After silently coming to an agreement, Percy took a step forward.

"Well, it's a funny story..."

***

"What the fuck is that thing?" Yelled Lee Jordan.

And, just like that, that "thing" charged at them.

Percy's demigod senses immediately kicked in. It was as if time slowed down, and he could notice every single detail around him: the scared and confused faces of his friends, the club the creature was holding, the possible ways of escaping... and the fact that they were facing not just a "green thing", but a troll.

In a matter of seconds, he analysed all of this, to come up with a single conclusion: they were screwed.

His thoughts stopped when the troll aimed his club at Hermione's head; and, letting his instincts take over, he grabbed his wand and casted a spell, before anything too harmful could happen to his new friend. Thankfully, because of Hecate's teachings, he knew what kind of spell would make the most effect in the creature.

"Stupefy" he directed the spell at the giant ugly thing. The red beam of light hit its target succesfully.

Suddenly, the troll stopped his movement, looking slighly dizzy. Then, after shaking his head, he returned to the task at hand: killing those little humans.

They didn't stand a chance. The troll swung the club at them before any of them could react; but, because he was still confused, it only impacted in one of the bathroom's stalls.

After being shaken by the impact, Hermione turned to look at him.

"DO THAT SPELL AGAIN, YOU IDIOT!" She shouted, as gentle as always.

Such a lovely and collected girl, wasn't she?

Percy stumbled with his wand a little, wondering just how he managed not to drop it in the chaos. After finally getting a firm hold of it, he put into practice what Hecate had taught him.

He felt the conection with his wand, letting the magic flowing inside him touch the core, just enough to give more power to the spell, but not as much as to die for spending all his energy. A warm feeling engulfed him, and, just before they received another hit from the club, he shouted:

"Stupefy!" The sole strenght of that spell made him step back, having to hold the wand with both hands as to not fall.

He'd had better days.

After that, he felt exhaustion wash over his body, to the point were he had to fight to stay standing. His head started to hurt, and the world around him seemed more confusing than usual. Still, there was no guarantee that the battle was over yet, so he couldn't let himself loose consciousness.