Chapter 6

Chapter 6: The Letter

There's no way Percy Potter can forget the day he got his Hogwarts letter.

His day started with him falling out of bed, his brother the one responsible of that.

"Happy Birthday!" Harry shouted, loudly, in his ear.

Percy groaned. What was so especial about his birthday? And just why did his brother have to push him out of bed that early in the morning?

He wasn't a morning person at all.

Whatever. He decided to take in the cold floor as his bed. It wouldn't be the first time.

"Come on! Don't be grumpy!" Said Harry, excitedly "I got you a present!" He smiled widely.

Now, that got his attention. He didn't really care about presents, as he wasn't used to receiving any. But this time it was his brother that got him something, and that was worth faking excitement for. So, still half asleep, he let himself get dragged by Harry downstairs.

"Good morning, Perce" Greeted Moony "And happy birthday!"

"Morning, thanks" said Percy, still trying to return to Morpheus realm. That is, until Moony handed him a plate of blue pancakes.

"How did you know?" He asked. The blue food was his favorite. It didn't matter what food, he just loved it if it was blue.

He remembered how it started, when his parents were worried about how he didn't want to eat as a child and someone suggested that they gave him food with his favorite color... The only problem was that, as James said, there isn't blue food (or at least, not a lot of it). But Lily, being the competitive woman that wouldn't let her husband be right for once, started dyeing the food.

Soon it became an internal family joke. And Percy made sure to teach the tradition of eating blue food to Harry, though he couldn't really eat a lot of it while in his uncle's house.

"I was the one that suggested it, Percy" said Moony, returning him to the world "And Harry told me about pancakes being your favorite".

He smiled at him. In the brief time they knew each other, Percy was able to form a good bond with his godfather. He was helping him recover from the mental state Vernon had left him in, teaching him the trust and love he should have had while growing up.

Immediately after they finished breakfast, Harry practically dragged Percy over to the pile of presents.

"Why are there so many of them?" He asked, impressed. Even though his 'so many' gifts were no more than 4.

"Hagrid and Professor McGonagall can't come, but they sent their presents" Moony answered.

"Come on! Open them!" Harry urged. He was far more excited than him.

It was way too early to be that excited...

However, before he could do that, an owl knocked on the window. The brothers looked at each other, weirded out by the strange sight, meanwhile Moony calmly approached it, untangling a piece of parchment out of his claw.

"Percy! It's your Hogwarts letter!" Exclaimed his godfather, enthusiastic.

At this, Percy perked up, going over to where Moony was standing, and snatching the letter from his hands.

Even if it took him some time to figure out the content, after finally reading it he was ecstatic to answer.

***