Chapter 25

Chapter 25: The Silence Before The Storm

Everything was fine in Percy's life.

That terrified him.

I mean, sure, there'd been some situations during the start of his Fourth Year, such as watching from one of the train's windows how Harry almost got himself killed falling off of a flying car.

That had been horrible.

But, he soon forgot about that. After all, he'd to persuade Snape from expelling his brother.

If the man hadn't found out before about the blood relation between Percy and Harry, he probably had his suspicions. However, he still seemed to like Percy.

At least, as much as a heartless bastard like him can like someone.

Despite all of this, nothing else had happened in his life.

Which meant? Something really bad was brewing. And it wasn't the polyjuice potion he was making for potions' class.

His life had never been normal, we all know it. And, when there were times like this, where nothing happened, it just meant that soon something would collapse.

And he would better be prepared for it.

Ironically, there wasn't anyone to help him develop further, apart from himself.

He was now in Fourth year, so classes were getting harder and the professors were giving much more work. The reason? The O.W.L.

Yeah, I know, that wasn't until his Fifth year, but we all know that Hogwarts couldn't let any of his students fail such an important exam.

So now, every professor was talking about how they had to work hard from now on, so they wouldn't have much trouble next year.

It made sense, of course, but that doesn't mean it wasn't irritating.

The amount of work was so much, that he had to quit the extra lessons he used to have after school, just so he could keep up.

This was child exploitation.

So, not only now he didn't have the time to better himself at his magic, he had to deal with a huge amount of work, some that he really didn't need.

And by that I mean everything that Lockhart had made them copy from his own books.

You'd think that, after having to do so much in each class, at least he would be able to learn something practical in DADA.

But no. He was stuck with a narcissistic, dumb professor.

Even the stuttering mess of Quirrell was better... And he'd been possesed by Voldemort.

And now, without having the time to train, to prepare for whatever threat was coming next, he was growing aggitated.

But, nothing had happened yet, and there weren't any indicators of what was going on.

Maybe he was being overly dramatic, overly paranoid. But with his type of life, he knew he couldn't let his guard down anytime. Because one moment could cost him a life.