Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Goodbye

"So, in summary, you decided to go against an old man and take care of us as our guardian?" Asked Percy.

When he said it was going to be a long night, he wasn't kidding.

After his uncle fell downstairs, something that he loudly laughed about, everyone in the house went to check the commotion.

Harry hurried to Percy's side, not knowing what to expect of those strangers, and Petunia with Dudley went downstairs to help Vernon to his feet. After this, their aunt freaked out by the wizards in their living room.

To put you people into context, for some reason their aunt hated anything magic-related. So she really despised when Harry talked about his dreams of flying in a motorcycle (something that Percy didn't quite understand), and the one time when they were celebrating Dudley's birthday at the zoo, that he said he could talk to a snake. Let's just say, it wasn't a good experience. Since then, it seems that aunt Petunia hates everything related to Harry or Percy, and absolutely loathes magic.

So, no surprise on her reaction. After all, the three people in their living room were clearly wizards and witch (as if the hat and robes weren't enough to tell).

When the initial shock dissipated, Petunia asked kindly the reason of them being in their house.

"What are you doing here!? Get out of my house! You magic people are not welcomed!!" She exclaimed, her sharp voice damaging their ears, and her rat face twisting into a scowl.

What a lovely woman she was.

"We are here to take Percy and Harry Potter with us" Said Moony, firmly.

After that, all hell broke loose. Dudley, who got bored really fast, went back to sleep, while his parents argued with the wizards that wanted to take them away. Harry, not long after the adults started shouting, decided to rest a bit, placing his head against his brother's shoulder, while Percy listened curiously to the loud conversation.

Finally, when he had enough information about the matter, he interrupted everyone to ask:

"So, in summary, Moony decided to go against an old man and take care of us as our guardian? Do you have the legal documents?" Percy said. All of the adults turned to him, apparently remembering that the ones they were arguing about were also there.

"What? It's a reasonable question. If he has them, then we must go with him. It's our parents will, after all" He was going to say more, but just a look from Vernon promising a bad beating was enough to shut him up.

Percy didn't get why they were so reluctant to let them go. Didn't they always say that they would be better without them? Or maybe they didn't want to lose their maid?

However, Moony, upon hearing this, turned to Vernon and gave him a paper. After that, everything went more smoothly than before...that is, until Dudley appeared again, and the giant had to shoot him with a spell so he would shut up.

At least it was a bit funny looking at their aunt trying to get rid of her son's pig tail.

Soon, Percy had to wake up Harry, and they both went to pack the few things they possesed. Percy was slower doing this, due to the injuries he still had from the past beating, and the extra effort he did to not let the bruises be noticed.

After packing his clothes and some books, he finally said goodbye to that room full of awfull memories, and prepared to have a better life. Hopefully, this night wasn't just another dream where he thought he was out of that hellhole for good. He really wanted this to be real, because he didn't know how he would continue if he suddenly woke up in his bed, having to go through that nightmare of a life again.

Shaking his thoughts, he went downstairs, where Harry, the wizards and witch were already waiting for him.

Smiling at them, he took their arms when they instructed him to do so.

He couldn't even say goodbye to his relatives before the world started spinning...

Not that he really wanted to.