Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Demigod Business

In the summer just before his Third Year, Percy Jackson discovered many things about him. Like how his father was Poseidon, the greek god of the sea (and another bunch of cool stuff), how he wasn't supposed to be alive, how his mere existence represented a danger to the world, blah, blah.

But let's not rush things, shall we?

It all started when Percy received a dream from that goddess-like lady. In summary, he had to wait for a portkey to appear in Platform 9¾ , after he got out of the train, and then teleport with it to USA. She explained that she was from his father's family, and that it was really important for him to go there.

He didn't know if it was a trap or not, but he decided to follow her. Yes, it was stupid to blindly believe her like that, but he had gotten a little attached to his secret teacher. Also, his gut told him to.

It was the first time he lied to his family. After the Ministry of Magic reluctantly accepted Moony as Harry's guardian, they continued to live together. Percy had to tell them that he was going to a summer Elite school to learn more advanced magic, as a 'Hogwarts teacher' suggested.

It was the hardest thing to do, but, for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to tell them the truth. After all, he was following what a lady that appeared in his dreams told him to do.

So, after a loooot of convincing, and searching for a portkey with the form of an old suitcase, he teleported to New York.

Then, things started getting weird. Even for him, a young wizard boy.

The lady had told him to go to a Museum, and wait there until someone came to retrieve him. That's where he met Mr.Brunner, a history teacher in a wheelchair who gave him an entire lecture of the greek gods. Why was it important? Percy didn't know.

The thing is, after some talk with the man, Percy was attacked by a Fury. Of course, at the time, he didn't know it was a Fury, or that Mr.Brunner was Chiron, the centaur who trains demigods, or that the pen he threw at him was actually the sword that he would use for the rest of his life to fight greek monsters and other threats.

At that time Percy Jackson was just a 12 year old boy, and he was starting to understand that his life would be way more complicated than he thought.

Anyways, after defeating the monster, he found himself alone in the museum, no traces of the friendly guy in wheelchair.

Then the goddess-like lady appeared, again. This time, though, in person. She proceeded to explain that she was also a witch, who would help him during his stay in the country, disguising herself as his mother, Sally Jackson, after changing her appearance. So, of course, that went well with the name that he'd used to conceal his identity, Percy Jackson.

Then, he met Grover, who helped him get to Camp Half-Blood, not before his "mother" was kidnapped.

Can I believe you know the rest? Because nothing much happened, really. Just he learned that his real father was Poseidon, making him a monster attractor, and he went on a quest with Grover, a satyr, and Annabeth, an irritating-but-cool daughter of Athena, to retrieve Zeus Master Bolt, which had been stolen.

You think it would've been easier for him to do that, right? With his magic and all? Well, you're wrong.

Just after getting kidnapped, "Sally Jackson" appeared in his dream. She presented herself as Hecate, goddess of Magic, and told him he was "the first demi-wizard", or something like that. Because of it, he had the responsibility of keeping both worlds appart, not telling anyone he knew, greek or wizard, about each other. At least, not before his coming of age.

Before swearing it on the styx, though, he asked her if he could tell it to Moony, his guardian. She agreed, after stating that he was the only one who could know during the time of the promise, but only the general facts.

This way, Percy Jackson had to act clueless to magic, having his reliable Anaklusmos and water powers as the only help in his quests. Well, and of course Annabeth and Grover.

Let's just say, it was a busy summer.

***

First thing he did after he returned? Talk with Moony about his half-blood problem.

Okay, that's what he meant to do. But, because he spent more time in camp than he planned to, he accidentally skipped the first days of school.

Harry's first days of school.

So, after he returned, Moony lectured him a lot about why 'the whole purpose of changing his lastname and practicing magic to protect Harry' wasn't worth it if he wasn't even there, and blah, blah.

His godfather could talk a lot when he was furious.

Luckily, Percy knew just what to say to make him shut up.

"I met my father and his family" Percy said, tired of his godfather's rambling. It worked like a charm, because Moony shut up immediately.

"What?" He asked, thunderstruck.

"I met my father and his family. Believe me, they need to work on their personality" Percy said, and then proceeded to explain his true heritage and the prophecy and everything that he went through during the summer.

It took some time for Moony to believe him, but he did. And he understood.

"I need you to swear that you won't say anything" He told him. Moony nodded.

"Swear on the River Styx that you won't tell anyone about the greek world unless I tell you to or I die" Percy said.

Moony, of course, repeated the promise. And that way, the knowledge of the greek world was kept a secret by the two wizards.

***

Around the time he returned to Hogwarts, Harry was really really angry with him.

It was one thing that he wasn't with him during the summer, but it was way worse to miss his first days at Hogwarts!

Well, it wasn't like Percy wanted that to happen, but saving the world from a war between the major gods was a little more important. At least, Harry had Ron to make him company for the time being.

"Can I go with you next summer at least?" Asked Harry, after Percy apologized for the tenth time that day.

"I really don't know if you should. First make sure to have good marks, you're smarter than me, after all" answered Percy, even though he knew he couldn't let Harry discover what really happened during the summer.

It pained him a lot to lie to his little brother, but sometimes ignorance is a bliss. What good could telling Harry about the scars, his lineage or his supposed 'prophecy' do?

His secrets were slowly piling up, and he couldn't even tell his best friends or his brother about them, unless he wanted a punishment worse than death... And both of his worlds to collapse.

He wasn't able to escape the demigod business, even if he never asked for it. That summer Percy really wondered if it would've been better if he hadn't been born at all.

Percy Jackson wasn't even supposed to exist. He was merely the result of a broken promise.

And that was something he wouldn't forget for the rest of his demigod life.