Chapter 22

Chapter 22: The End of The Beginning

Fortunately, Harry Potter's resolution didn't last long.

He needed Percy, whether he wanted to or not.

After the golden trio figured someone-more likely Snape- was involved in the philosopher's stone's conspiracy, he had to tell his brother.

And Percy wasn't happy about it.

"So you mean to tell me you kept such thing from me all this time?! And what exactly happened in the Forbidden Forest?! Why were you even in the Forbidden Forest?!" Yeah. Percy was freaking out.

Apparently, his wizard life was as chaotic as his demigod life. What a joy.

After Harry told him the basics, skipping the part of him being in detention because of Hagrid's illegal dragon, Percy was feeling disheartened.

Not only his brother had started keeping the main aspects of his life in secret, but he also knew that Voldemort had started his move.

It was much sooner than Percy had anticipated. And, to make things even worse, he had timed his big returning with Kronos'.

It was as if they had face-timed each other to agree for a date to return and end Percy's life. He could almost imagine both of them being all smiley to each other while acting as bff's and venting the anger created by the kids who had made them and would made them vanish.

He shuddered at that. He never wanted the two evils to meet each other. It would mean the end for both of his worlds.

"Anyways, the thing is that Hagrid told a random stranger the way to get past Fluffy, meaning-"

"That the stranger can steal the stone at any time. Fuck" Percy finished the sentence "We have to tell someone".

"Hermione and Ron went to Dumbledore's office already" Harry said. And, as if on cue, the pair returned with perturbed expressions.

They only had to say that Dumbledore was away for the brothers to share a look and head straight to the third floor; with the pair of friends running after them.

***

Passing Fluffy had been somewhat easy. After Percy's encounter with Cerberus the previous summer, he knew that every dog- from the guardian of the Underworld to the guardian of the Philospher's Stone- absolutely loved to play with balls. He did his best to recreate what Annabeth did (although it wasn't as cool), and soon they were in their way to find the Stone.

The next room full of Devil's Snare wasn't too complicated either, with his and Hermione's knowledge.

Bless Hecate for making him remember lots of uselful spells.

The next one, full of flying keys, was all Harry's doing. Percy was glad his brother was so good with brooms, because the gods knew Zeus wouldn't mind messing with him in such a critical moment.

He was such a lovely uncle.

Ron got some points in his favor too, after making them win the Wizard's Chess and getting knocked out. Percy made sure Ron was alright (no deathly injuries or something) after continuing.

It was really hard to leave him behind, but one glance at his brother and he just knew that if he stopped at that moment, he would be betraying Harry. He would be letting Voldemort win. He would be letting Harry go unprotected, probably to his death.