Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Reality Check

I may have lied. The matter with the fucking green thing wasn't completely over.

First, once the professors had dismissed them, Harry and Ron approached Percy and the twins, worried about what had happened.

After explaining the story, the two First Years couldn't help but feel admiration for what his brothers' had done. Of course, the twins may have twisted the story a little bit, so they'd seem more heroic.

That way, the following day everyone knew more-or-less what had happened. Although, the multiple versions made it so that no one but Percy and his friends knew about the real story.

Then, the Daily Prophet made a publication. And, even if it didn't show their names (thank gods for that) of course Moony knew instantly that Percy was somehow involved.

After all, he attracted so much trouble that it was a shame he didn't receive a payment for it, because he'd have been millionaire.

So Percy had to deal with calming his overprotective father... Wait, godfather. Yeah, that's what I meant. His overprotective godfather.

At least, Harry helped a little bit with that. It may or may not have any relation with how he felt guilty for being bad to Hermione, to whom he had apologised and started talking to more.

She was a good influence, so Percy was glad to have her around his brother. Plus, he had bet that she'd end in a relationship with Ron, so he was doing all he could to make the trio closer.

And the more he knew her, the more she reminded him of a certain daughter of Athena, which Percy was starting to miss (even though he would never admit it).

Speaking of, he hadn't had any notices of his other magical world, all thanks to Hecate.

"You know, even if you're a demigod, it's frustrating that you space out so much. Especially considering that we ARE inside your dreams" Said the goddess, snapping Percy out of his thoughts.

They were training. Again.

I mean, Percy was glad and all that he had such a great opportunity. After all, she was helping him to become a greater wizard, and prepare for a future war.

But he was beginning to get tired. It was everyday he had to train during his sleep! So, he manifested his discomfort.

"Why do I need to train everyday anyways? If I'm powerful enough to defeat a troll and cast the patronus, couldn't we take it a bit slower? I mean, it's not like I don't appreciate it, but even I can get tired of this" Percy asked.

And, in a way, it was reasonable for him go be asking that. I mean, he already was in OWL's level with some subject's knowledge, he had been able to defeat a fricking dementor when he was in his first day, and a troll with just powerful stupefy(s). Plus, he had an advantage over every other wizard: He was a demigod.

In everyway, if his life was a game, Percy would've been the character with impressive abilities since the beginning, just because.

It made Percy feel good about himself. For the first time in his life, he really felt like he could fulfill the promise he'd made all those years ago, which had determined all of his life choices: Protect Harry.

He was finally able to do so. Not entirely, but at least he was making more progress than he'd thought possible, with Hecate's and his professor's help.

And not that he'd start bragging about his achivements or anything, but he still felt really proud and powerful from having accomplished such feats by himself.