Chapter 13

Chapter 13: The First Signs

It was just after Christmas of his first year when Percy Jackson answered  Dumbledore's offer.

It was the best Christmas Percy had in those years, spending his time with Moony and his brother, telling them about Hogwarts and the new spells he learned, showing Harry some of his most bizarre class contents. He recieved more presents than ever, from professor McGonagall, Hagrid (who he often visited while in Hogwarts), Moony, Harry and his friends. He even got a blue sweater with a "P" in front, courtesy of the twins' mother.

One night, he went to talk with Moony because of Dumbledore's proposition. After thinking the old man's offer for a while, he had decided to just stay in first year, continuing as a normal student. His godfather agreed with that, saying that there wasn't a reason to hurry up so much with his studies.

So that was what he told Dumbledore, though, because the headmaster couldn't have such potential wasted, he offered Percy extra lessons.

And he took that one offer.

That way, his everyday life consisted of having regular classes until the afternoon (and totally nailing them), helping (sometimes avoiding) the twins and Lee prank, doing homework in the library, reading some of the less boring magic books, writing to Moony and Harry, visiting Hagrid and the kitchen elves, talking with McGonagall and getting some extra lessons like Introduction to Dueling, Basics of Occlumency, and Second Year Potions.

Things were peaceful for once in his life. He was doing great in classes, learning new things that would help him in the future, and just enjoying life with his friends. He was even sleeping better, thanks to the Sleeping Draught, not having nightmares so often.

This way, the end of his First Year at Hogwarts was approaching.

During this time, there are some important things that need to be mentioned, for they influenced the future in a particular way.

First, it was how he would get weird dreams about what seemed like a Camp, full of kids wearing an orange shirt. For some reason, he felt a pull towards them, and every time he woke up he felt like a part of him was missing something.

At the end of the dream, there was a georgeous woman dressed like a regular witch. She smiled at him, her black hair contrasting against those mysterious purple eyes, and told him, without moving her mouth, that it wasn't the time yet.

That creeped him a lot.

He tried asking Professor Trewlaney about it, seeing as she was in charge of Divination, but the only conclusion he got after their talk was that she was a total fraud.

So, he gave up in trying to figure up the meaning.

In the list of "Other Weird Stuff Happening to Percy", there was one particular incident he had in the Lake, during times of the final exams.

He was taking a break from studying, because, if it wasn't already a difficult thing with his dyslexia and ADHD, doing it with Lee and the twins' company was a much harder task.

So, when his friends suggested to go to his favorite place, he gladly accepted.

Some things happened, and Gred (the nickname Lee gave him, after not being able to tell the twins apart) dared Percy to jump in the lake, or he would dye everything he had-including his cat- Red.

Percy didn't like red.

I know, an ironical thing for a Gryffindor student.

He then did the rational thing: he jumped in the Lake, ignoring the possible threats there.

Staying under the vast water, everything was dark. He couldn't differentiate from up or down, and the sound of strange creatures made him panic.

Slowly, he started loosing his oxygen, black spots dancing in his vision, until he, in a reflex, opened his mouth and took a breath.

Now, if he was a normal boy, he would've died. Instead, he found out he could, in fact, breathe underwater.

With his panic vanishing, he finally got to the surface, where his friends were worrying. He was gone for too long.

Because this incident, Percy started suspecting he was more than a normal wizard boy.

And what other stuff happened?

Well, nothing to worry about. Just that his scar-the one from Voldemort-started hurting.

Such a good sign, right?

And with all this weird things happening to him, which now can be recognized as the First Signs of the complicated life he would have, Percy Jackson finished his first year at Hogwarts.