Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Under the Lion

His sorting was one of the best things Percy Jackson remembered about his first year at Hogwarts.

"Jackson, Perseus!" Called Professor Mcgonagall, after a guy named Cedric was sorted.

When he changed his lastname, Moony wrote a letter to the Headmistress telling her the situation, so she would also change it in the school's documents. That way, the only ones that knew about his real identity were Professor McGonagall, Hagrid and, sadly, Dumbledore.

When hearing his name, Percy walked slowly to the stool, not without recieving a few pats on his back and a "good luck" from his friends. Upon sitting there, the Professor placed the hat into his head.

Mmh, let's see what we have here.

Percy, suddenly hearing the raspy voice in his head, almost jumped out in surprise.

Quite interesting you are, with your tragic past and your...race. Really powerful, you will accomplish great things, which need to have the right amount of ambition to be fulfilled. Slytherin could be good for you in that aspect.

You are also quite smart, although it isn't shown in the conventional way. Your mind can adapt easily to new circumstances, and the way you analize life is worthy of a Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff would be a great candidate too. With extreme loyalty to those precious to you, you aren't afraid to sacrifice yourself if someone you love gets to be safe for that. Your selfless personality would fit excellent with the badgers.

Also, you are quite the brave one. Not afraid to face your deepest fears if it is to do the right thing. Gryffindor would be quite pleased to have you, seeing as you are so daring, to the point of sometimes being reckless too.

I can see we should expect great things from you, Percy Jackson.