Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Bad Influences

The day Percy Jackson met the friends he would have for his whole life, he wasn't expecting to choose such bad influences.

It was the 1st of September, and Percy was in Platform 9¾ , preparing to board the big, scarlet train in front of him.

Sadly, Harry couldn't be there. After the conversation a few days back, it was decided that the best thing to do was to keep him unnoticed, at least until the right time came.

However, because of that, they had to say goodbye in the house, promising to write each other once or twice a week.

He didn't know how he was going to survive in a new place, without needing to take care of his brother or worrying about his well-being.

He also parted from Moony after receiving a suffocating hug and having to go through the embarassment of an overpotective godfather. Percy won't ever tell him that, but it made him really happy to be taken care of like he did. After all those years of abuse, it was an awesome feeling.

The difficult thing about boarding the train was to actually get inside. With all the kids and his heavy baggage, being able to reach the empty wagon could be considered as an unbelievable deed.

After being pushed multiple times, he finally found a wagon and sat there, alone, with a book on his hand and his black cat, Tyche, resting in his lap, until two red heads entered between fits of laughter.

Upon seeing him the identical boys shared a brief look, and then took a sit without bothering to ask first. After that, they introduced themselves.

"I'm Fred" said the one in the left.

"And I'm George" exclaimed his brother.

"And we" said Fred.

"Are" continued George.

"The Weasley twins!" They exclaimed in unison.

They meant trouble. Percy knew it from the mischievous glint in their eyes and that synchronized presentation. But, surprisingly, he didn't mind, thinking that it'd be good if he befriended extrovert people like them.

It was the right choice, for years after that their friendship perdured.

After waiting for Percy's reaction toward their little presentation, the boys let their shoulders fall. They didn't know that, of all things Percy had seen, that was in the category of the normal ones, so they couldn't expect him being shocked or impressed by it.

"Cool. My name's Perseus Jackson, but you can just call me Percy" he said with a grin.

When Moony asked him about which would be his new lastname to hide the whole "I'm the other chosen one", they'd had some problems on which lastname to choose. Percy thought about going by 'Evans', his mother's maiden name, but Moony soon disregarded that idea. After all, there were still people who could make the connection.

Therefore, after remembering that his real father was from USA, he decided to go by a usal american lastname... It just happened that Jackson had a ring to it, nothing more.

Recovering from the lack of reaction Percy showed, the twins started talking with him excitedly about all sorts of stuff, going from Quidditch to the Hogwarts houses and the sorting.

"Which house do you want to be in?" asked Fred...or George. He couldn't tell.

"Well, I don't really know. My mom was in Gryffindor, but I don't have preferences" he answered.