Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Secret Heritage

The day he learned the first thing about his real father, Percy Potter found himself with Moony in his room.

Although his godfather didn't make him uncomfortable, not since the time when he told him about the abuse and showed him the scars, the fact that he was there implied that there was something important that he nedeed to tell him. Something his brother couldn't know.

"So...how was your birthday?" his godfather asked, anxiously.

Was he here only because of that? Percy highly doubted it.

Remembering all that took place earlier that day, Percy started smiling. He got to spend all the time with his brother and Moony, his favorite people in the world, doing just the things he wanted to do with them, and receiving multiple things from them... Like the knowledge of a certain Marauders Map at Hogwarts, some books that McGonagall and Moony gave him, a smashed cake (courtesy of Hagrid) and a Fidget Cube, Harry's gift.

Overall, it was the best birthday he had. Because he realized that finally there was someone there, appart from Harry, that actually cared enough for him.

In a fairly short time, he also realized that he was worth being cared for. And all of that was thanks to his godfather. Of course, the lack of self confidence was still there, but he was progressing from the scared child Vernon created to someone that wanted to be truly happy. It would take some time, he knew that, but it was worth trying his best to improve.

One day, he knew, he wouldn't think himself as useless, as not enough. One day, he would stop hearing Vernon's voice, trying to bring him down.

It would take time, but he promised himself that he'd get there.

With a huge, real smile, Percy answered:

"Awesome" And then, reaching Moony for a hug, he said "Thank you. I really appreciate everything you've done for us"

"I should have done it sooner" He sighed, sad "Then maybe you wouldn't have gone through so many things you didn't deserve"

"Don't say that, Remus Lupin. We can't change the past, but we can learn from it" Percy said, lecturing his godfather. He was smarter than he looked "The things that happened to me are not your fault. I'm just glad you took us away, learning that you shouldn't always listen to that old man"

"...You know that that old man is the Headmaster of Hogwarts, right?" He said, amused by the groan Percy emitted upon hearing this "Also, Dumbledor did that because he thought it was the best, seeing as I can be considered a bit... incapable with my condition"

"Bullshit" Percy, an 11 year old boy, said regarding the matter.

The conversation resumed after Moony lectured him for a looong time about proper vocabulary. Percy learned a valuable thing about this experience:
Don't use vulgar words... at least not in front of his godfather.

"Anyways... Why did you come to my room?" He finally asked the million dollar question.

Moony, after hearing this, kept quiet, playing with his fingers and returning to the anxious state he was in when he arrived.

"When Lily was pregnant with you, she personally asked me something really important which I promised to do" He finally said, sighing "It's about your true heritage"

"What do you mean?" Asked Percy, concerned "What else is there to know?" He didn't understand why his godfather brought that topic. Wasn't he the first son of James and Lily Potter?