The Guitar

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 27

I take two tiny sips from the tea I just made myself and sit down at the table besides Jack. Staying in for the whole day yesterday was a good idea. My breathing condition got better and the only thing that still bothered me was my throat. It still hurt a little bit I guess it'll be gone soon too.

I wasn't listening in on them when making myself the tea so at first I just sat on my chair trying to catch up with the conversation. "Yesterday was cool. I think we could hold onto that for the rest of the week." Jack shrugs and stretches his arms above his head.

"No way, honey. We've only got five days left and I refuse to spend them inside and in front of our TV!" Vanessa says, declining the suggestion Jack applied for. I bite my lip to stop myself from grinning. "Maybe we shouldn't plan everything out. I'm sure we'll find something fun to do for the next days." Johnny interferes before taking a bite from his toast.

Again I have to stop myself from smiling. Not because what he said was funny but because it was him who said it. I can't enhance it enough but Johnny's got such a nice and soothing voice it keeps me awake at night. I'd like to listen to him all day. He could tell the stupidest stories ever and I would still sit beside him with the widest smirk on my lips. Is that something you feel when you're in love with someone?

Lily coughs slightly after swallowing and informs her family that her and I already have plans for tomorrow. Trying to hold back how surprised I was I thought about what she could possibly mean. Did we agree to something? "Yeah we wanted to go shop again. Well not really but there were some places we still wanted to see... right?" She asks and looks at me with a smile.

I widen my eyes slightly in realization and nod my head yes to her. I remember we got a date tomorrow. I  can't exactly tell if I really want to go. But it wouldn't matter even I didn't want to go anyway. Johnny's eyes meet mine when I look the other way and he cocks an eyebrow. I only smile back at him before hiding my face behind my cup of tea.

Maybe I should tell Johnny. I don't want this to get between us if he would somehow end up knowing what we really did. But on the other hand I think I really don't have to tell him. We're not together so as rude as it sounds it is kinda not his business. On top of that I think if I ended up telling him it would feel like I needed his permission to go. Which I definitely don't. I sigh at my thoughts and end up agreeing with myself to think about it.

"I'd like to do a bonfire again." I randomly speak up. I felt like I should put my oar in too. "That's a good idea!" Vanessa smiles, "maybe not today though. You're throat still hurts, right?". I silently nod my head at her question but give her an assuring smile. "We could also go to that lake again.. now that we know where to go." Lily giggles, remembering the day we took hours to find a lake that's basically just thirty minutes from the mansion. "Look the ides poppin' from everywhere!" Jack exclaims.

After breakfast Lily and I went to go upstairs to do some skincare. Even though my shit skin doesn't care. Pimples won't stop coming up on my cheeks from literally one day to the other. I moan uncomfortably when washing off the mask I had on and dry my face with a towel afterwards.

I exit the bathroom and grab the book, I started reading on the plane when we got here, from the nightstand "Lil I'll go downstairs and read. Wanna come?". With her eyes being stuck on her phone I'll go out on a limp and say she's currently texting with Carlos. I call out her name one more time before she lifts her gaze to look at me. I patiently repeat the question only to get a brief head shake as an answer.