The Cooks

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 3

"'Gimme me the vegetables." Lily tells me as I close the fridge. I stand to my feet again and hand her the groceries. I also take out some cutting boards and place them on the counters next to her.

"You will cut the onions, will you? I'll have to cry if I do so." I laugh and she nods her head. "As long as they'll be cutten soon everything's fine. I'm already hungry, girls." Johnny whines on a chair just a few feet away. I giggle while Lily only rolls her eyes at her dad. He really can be as childish and sweet like a little kid sometimes.

Lily ends up peeling and cutting the onions and garlic before we brown them in a pan. And even though Lily cut the onions like two meters far from me, I still can feel them in my eyes.

Jack's upstairs, face timing with some friends while Vanessa talks to her manager about a tour thing or something like that. Johnny just kind of ended up watching us doing dinner.

We add the canned tomatoes and passata along with the onions and garlic in the pan. "You're more French then I am. Do the flavoring, Liz." Lily says as she takes the zucchini and aubergine.

"The hell, you're just as French as I am." I roll my eyes at her and laugh as I take the spices and herbs.

"No one's less French than I am in this house." Johnny comments and wiggles with his eyebrows. "No-hoo, you're a good ol' American, right?" I say and he winks at me with his left eye. I noticed it's always the left one.

I take a wooden spoon and run it threw the sauce, tasting a few times while cutting the paprika. It already smells and obviously tastes deliciously too. "Daddy could you help us?" Lily asks and motions Johnny over to us. He nods his head as he stands up from his chair and walks over.

"Can you take a gratin dish and anoint it?" I ask and point to the bowl that's already standing on the counter next to me. "What a trustworthy task." he chuckles and stands next to us, grabbing the oil from the cupboard above.

"Yeah, only for you." I grin and start giggling as winks at me once again. 'What a cutie' I think. My gaze follows his arm that grabs the oil from above, tensing up and giving me gold view on muscles. And with that it went to 'what a hottie' in my mind.

"Did you finish everything?" I ask Lily after my daze and she nods her head. We put the vegetables in one big bowl to mix them well. We then take the gratin dish and drop the vegetables before adding the sauce as well. "Oah it smells delicious." Lily drools as she sniffs a little.

"Oh! you gotta take a picture of us and the food." Lily exclaims excitedly. I grab my phone from my pants pockets and hand it to Johnny. Lily giggles as she takes the gratin dish while I pose next to her. She stretches out her tongue while I only smirk at the camera and Johnny takes a few pictures. "Beautiful, girls." he says.

We shove the dish in the oven and adjust the time which is something between 15 and 20 minutes. We set the table afterwards and sit down next to Johnny who already sat there right after taking the picture. I send Lily the photos Johnny took from us and she posts one of them in her Instagram story.

She thankfully accepts the fact that I like to not have her mentioning my username anywhere. I guess people would find out or recognize me at college or something.