The Breakfast

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 8

"I can't believe you did this to me" Lily mumbles still half asleep when we walk downstairs into the kitchen. "I did nothing, stop blaming me" I defend myself and go to open up the fridge.

"How am I supposed to understand this huh? You're the one who said I'd like to help you with making breakfast. Which you may realized I'm not" she replies and leans back against the counter while rubbing her eyes. I sigh and take out some groceries that we'd need for the meal.

"I wanted to apologize and just randomly said you'd help me. Sorry. You would've ended up helping anyway" I say and close the fridge again.

"Not true. I would've protested and would still be asleep by now. It's 7 am Lizzy!" she cries. That's true, it may is kind of early to wake up during holidays. But I went to bed soo early yesterday that I've been awake since half past 6 am or so.

"Alright I'm sorry. Just help me now, please". I take out a bowl and place it on the counter in front of me.

"What are you doing?" Lily asks and gently claps her cheeks to wake herself up? "Pancakes, who doesn't love 'em for breakfast" I state and go search for a scale.

"Should I make boiled egg then?" she questions and I nod my head. "We're so American, we should do something french as well".

"Well we can't go to the bakery and just get ourselves some chocolatines. But we do have baguette and marmalade right?". Lily looks around the kitchen for our breadbasket. "Yep that we got!" she smiles and takes a pan from the shelf underneath the counter and places it on the stove.

I weigh my ingredients for our pancakes and start mixing it to a fluffy and hopefully tasty pastry. I personally like to use bananas instead of eggs but it ain't everyone's favorite so I went with the eggs for this time.

Lily mixes about 6 eggs before pouring them into the pan. "I feel like we could use some music" I say as I put the pastry to the side and grab my phone. I turn on my favorite playlist and Low Beam by Her's starts to play first.

"You're having a thing for this band, aren't you" Lily giggles. "Who doesn't? this low voice is just awesome" I say with a grin on my face and start to set the table with plates and cutlery. Lily helps me with it, still having an eye on the pan that's working with our boiled eggs.

"Do you know what to do today?" I ask her while putting a plate down. "Not really. I think daddy hasn't planned anything as well. But I feel like we could go swimming again" she suggests he shrugs her bony shoulders.

"I'd go with that" I smile. I then take another pan from the shelf for my pancakes and put it on the stove, next to the other. I pour some oil and wait a bit for the pan to get warm. "I hope they'll get fluffy" I mumble when I pour the first bit of the pastry. It stretches to an almost perfect circle.

"Ooh look at this" Lily smirks and bumps my hip with hers. I giggle and carefully pour the next one. Waiting for both our foods to get finished we dance around the kitchen like crazy kids to the songs that were playing from my phone.

I love the way I can enjoy each and every moment of life with her. She can be just as childish and full of vitality as I can be sometimes, but at the same we also get along with each other in the darkest moment and she'd be the first person for me to talk to when I'd feel bad. I can't wait for the time we sit in old armchairs as 90 years old women who think about their crazy and adventurous lives as being a teenager.