The Surfboard

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 6

"I really don't know about this." I mumble. Standing on the balcony of Lily's and my room, I'm staring down at the beach. I spot Johnny coming back from the shed he was talking about during our breakfast today, carrying three surfboards with him.

"You said you wanted to do it. You even seemed excited to do so." Lily says from inside while doing her make up. "I thought he was joking! I didn't know he'd actually had some surfboards here." I whine.

"Oh c'mon, don't you cry now. My dad and Jack won't kill you for failing." she comments and bends near the mirror to do her mascara. "Pfff, I know they won't. I'm just afraid. A little.", I go back inside and plump down on my bed.

"Why can't I just go with you and Vanessa? I like grocery shopping." I say and turn around on the bedsheets.

"No you don't." Lily retorts as she stands up from the chair she was sitting on and walks over to her bed to grab her phone. "Now do me a favor, change and get your ass down there. We'll see us around lunchtime." she tells me and quickly leaves the room before I can protest, deny or even do anything else.

Sighing deeply I roll from my bed and search for something to wear. Do I just wear my swimsuit or is there a special clothing? Oh wait, my swimsuit still is in the laundry!

"I have to wear a bikini while surfing?" I quietly panick, "is that even allowed?". I reach to grab my phone from the nightstand between mine and Lily's bed and start to google. 'God, Lizzy, this is hilarious stop being such a pussy!' I think after I've been through a couple of websites.

Putting my phone aside again, I open my closet and grab one of my bikinis to wear. It's a light purple one with white flower patterns. It's one of my favorites actually.

I then grab myself a towel from inside our bathroom and walk downstairs. I take a deep breath before I exit the mansion and walk down the path that leads to the beach. I smile a little when Johnny turns his head to look at me and waves with his hand.

"I didn't exactly know what to wear." I tell him when I loosen the grip from my towel and put it aside. I suck in my stomach as his gaze goes down and his eyes roam my body. I feel a bit too vulnerable and uncomfortable but the way he looks at me, makes it go away within a second.

A sweet smile spreads across his lips. He nods his head. "That's alright. We won't surf like you may imagined. The waves aren't high enough for that. I can't really surf myself." he tells me and I giggle slightly.

"We'll just canoe a little. Something close to stand-up-paddling.". "Ya, dad, can I have the dark blue one?" I hear Jack yelling from behind us. Johnny nods to his son's question and allows me to chose my surfboard as well. I take a smaller, white one with sweet, light yellow circles covering it.

"Well, who'd you call last night hmm?" I ask Jack while grinning widely. He refused to let us all know who that mysterious girl is he apparently was talking to. He only told Johnny, who promised to keet his mouth shut which is kind of unexpedient. I would like to know who she is, I really do hope it's my sister though.

Jack pretends like I'm not even existing and walks straight to the ocean. I saw him rolling his eyes though. I chuckle quietly while following him to the water, Johnny right behind me. We first swim a little further into the sea so there was enough space for us.