The Jacket

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 16

I illogically was able to sleep quite good after yesterday's evening but I woke up with nothing but a bad feeling in my gut. The thought of Johnny feeling regret and execration for what has happend between us made me feel sick.

I don't want him to feel bad about it, it's not like he forced me to kiss him or like he did something wrong. Remembering what kind of relationship we have you may could consider it as something wrong but I didn't care!

The moment he kissed me I felt so delight and befuddled like I hadn't in forever. I actually have never felt a feeling like this towards a person, someone special. It's somewhat weird but at the same time it's nothing I want to disappear. Just as he had said; something totally stupid, but at the same time amazingly good.

First thing I did this morning was touching my lips. It seems so weird now that I think about it but I wanted to feel his lips on mine again. The softness was overwhelming. Like I touched cotton candy. And it felt right. God it felt so right.

I licked over my lower lip and sighed deeply, moving my hands all over my face. 'What am I going to do when I see him today?' I thought. Was I trying to ignore him? Was I about to just act as if nothing had happened because that may seemed to be the rightest right a right could ever be. After all, he still is my best friend's dad. How can I even think about him like that? Then again .. how can any girl/ woman on this planet not think of him that way.
Or was I going to talk to him?

That choice was risky and I really didn't feel like going for it at first. I imagined it to be REALLY awkward and uncomfortable and that's not the way I want to feel while having him around me.

After getting out of my bed, I took a long shower to relax a little and get my mind as clear as possible. I guessed I'll just do whatever he decides to do. Stepping out of the shower, I quickly got dressed and left my hair open to dry. I finished my last layer of mascara and tried my best to leave the room as quiet as possible to not wake up my best friend. Whose dad I've been kissing. Dammit, I am a horrible friend.

I closed the door and looked down the floor to the room that now belonged to only Johnny. I sighed at the thought of him being only behind this square of wood.

I went downstairs in the kitchen to start making breakfast for the five of us. To my surprise, I found Jack near by the stove to cook some eggs. I smiled at him and gave me a kiss on the cheek after saying "good morning.". We prepared the breakfast and set everything up until Lily and Vanessa were the next to join us. We sat down to the table and Lily told Jack to get Johnny down here.

And here we are, waiting for both the boys to come back down. "Chill. What's wrong?" Lily cocks her head and looks at me. It wasn't until now for me to realize that I tensed up just like before my graduation. I fake a little smile and roll my shoulders backwards, moving my head to the right and left, relaxing my neck.

I frown when I hear Jack's voice that's only babbling to me the moment I looked into Johnny's eyes. I feel my chest lifting and sinking at how deep I was breathing. He stops moving for a second and seems to can't do nothing but stare back at me as well.

Then he forces his eyes to look away and quickly takes the seat that's hidden behind Lily. I guiltily look down to my plate and bite on my lower lip.
Ignoring it is then.

In fact, it even was ignoring the whole existence. After breakfast he'd tell us to be needing some rest and went off to his room. Johnny did not look at me nor talk to me. I wasn't quite gagging for it, it just hurt me a little bit though. I do know for my own good that what we've done was wrong but sooner or later the others would find out that something was weird between us and we would have to discuss the whole thing with EVERYONE then. I dont know about him but I'd go for talking it out in private.