𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Hi, hope you like the chapter!

Thank you guys so much for reading and all of your comments :)

Nate's Point of View:

"He wants me to kill someone."

Those six words rang through my head and I felt as if the time stopped around me. I swallowed the acid taste that had formed in my throat in result of Brendan's words and felt that my feet were glued to the floor and I was unable to move.

"What?"

"You heard me." Brendan mumbled, looking at me with his piercing gaze.

I sucked in a sharp breath of hair and felt
my jaw clench instantly. I swallowed the hard lump and shook my head before looking down at my jet black boots which were stained slightly from the coffee.

"I can't do it." Brendan said, accent thicker than usual as he shook his head violently.

The two of us walked out of the elevator.

In the mafia, people kill people. I mean it's not that difficult to understand, and if you happen to go into something like this, you should know that this is part of it. If you're assigned to do something, then you're assigned and you have to do it, or else YOU could be killed. Jackson, Brendan, Dean, and I have never killed anyone yet. Yeah sure we may have injured people terribly but we've never actually killed someone even if we've joked about it in the past. Claude never made us kill anyone because he had this weird relationship with us,(specifically me) and he just never did. So the four of us have never had to kill anyone, but now with goddamn Alessandro...

"Damn right you can't do it."

Brendan sighed and bit his lip out of frustration as we walked. I watched his expression as we continued walking. Veins on the side of his head beginning to protrude and with each step it just seemed like he was just getting angrier and angrier.

"I want out." He said as guilt pricked at my chest.

"I'm- look, we have to get out now." He shook his head at me. "We never should've gotten wrapped up into this from the start." He rambled on angrily as guilt swarmed over me.

That was a blatant dig at me considering it was my fault we got into the mafia in the first place. Even though I've apologized multiple times, he's angry and frustrated so I'll let it slide.

If it weren't for me we wouldn't be involved in this.

It's my fault, no one else's.

"I get it. And I'm sorry, I was selfish." I said quietly as my face heated up, feeling ashamed about my stupid past decisions.

Brendan sighed, but gave me a small smile.

"It's fine Nate. You were naive even though you still are." He smirked bringing a hand up to rub my shoulder while we walked.

I jerked away and rolled my eyes.

"But we need a way out." Brendan stated as he held the door open for me to walk out. I looked at him confused.

"Ladies first." He smirked with a wink.

"Thanks dick." I smiled back with an eye roll as I walked ahead of him.

"Who is the person that he wants you to kill?" I asked once we stepped outside. Feeling the sun hit my face like a brick after having been inside the dark studio for hours.

"It's-" Brendan began before trailing off and looking up at something.

"Put these on." He instructed, handing me a pair of sunglasses he had just pulled out from his coat pocket.