𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

You guys are soooooo so patient with me, thank you so very much.

Thank you to everyone who still reads this, it means the world to me!

A couple of crazy chapters ahead, enjoy :)

Nate's Point of View:

We walked into the gala or ball or whatever you want to call it. We got papped on the way in, me looking down the entire time while covering Aubrey's eyes with a hand. I'm still even frazzled right now even though we're inside. Everything about this entire night is going to fucking suck. Looking around, I see a bunch of rich businessmen and women in this historic building, dressed like we're in the 1800s while classical music is playing.

And I have to sing songs about sex and drugs in front of all of them?

Yeah, this rocks.

I glanced around the room again, suddenly feeling somewhat insecure around all these rich upper-class people.

But then I realized something.

I'm Nate DeRosé.

As if a light switch had gone off in my brain, my entire demeanor completely changed. I do that all the time when I'm about to perform, speak in front of the press, be interviewed, and whatnot. My name actual name is Nate LaCroix, but the Nate everyone knows is Nate DeRosé. Nate DeRosé is who I want to be known as, and it's the personality I put on whenever I'm feeling insecure or unconfident.

I also don't want to be associated with my piece-of-shit father in any regard.

Once we all collectively stopped ogling the place we all turned to look at Brendan. This is usually how things work. Brendan's the oldest, the leader, the one who gets stuff done. We all look to Brendan as the guy we can go to when we have an issue, the one who knows everything and always has the right answer, the one who's like an older brother to us.

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself.

"We need for this to go as smoothly as fucking possible," Brendan stated, tugging at his collar like it was irritating him. He then looked at me.

He nodded his head at me. "When are you singing?"

I looked down at my watch and suppressed a groan.

"Fifteen minutes," I said through gritted teeth as Dean snickered.

Brendan shrugged. "Alright, I say we split now then. Look everywhere, every room every square inch of this place,"

We all nodded, and I laced my fingers through Aubrey's. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, and to my surprise, she didn't look nervous. She didn't look stressed, anxious, or freaked out like whatsoever. In fact, she looked just the opposite. Quite frankly, she looked the most confident I had ever seen her, and I liked it.

Her jaw was set and she was scanning the room as if she were planning which way to go first. A look of determination shone over her, and I liked that she was feeling confident. I just hoped and prayed that nothing would happen to her. And if any member of Devil's Spawn goes after her, I will fucking murder them, with zero hesitation.

"Are you nervous?" Brendan asked, cocking his head at me.

I was taken aback by his question, considering I thought we were all about to split. Instead of lying, I told the truth.

"Yes." I choked out.

It was now Aubrey who gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"You'll be fine."