𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Hey guys!

Sorry for the wait! Hope you all enjoy!

Happy Easter as well, to those who celebrate!

Aubrey's Point of View:

"Ever been to California?" Nate asked walking into my room while I laid back on my bed.

I was in the middle of reading a book, but got tired and just have been resting it on my stomach. And now, now I was just staring at the ceiling pondering about my life and how I got into this situation. Like usual.

"When I was younger." I answered him but not turning to look at him from where I was laying down.

I just stared at the ceiling while I spoke, watching as the fan above my head went around and around and around.

I tried my hardest to follow a single panel of the fan, squinting as it picked up speed. I'd be able to follow it for a couple of seconds before the cream colored panels would all blur together, due to the speed of the fan and then I'd give up and start again.

The guys had a few shows in Vegas, but we haven't really gotten to go out and party as much as they'd like to have. Well, I mean that's what they told me. The thing is though, we're now in California and we have more time to party and whatever. They also said we're going back to Vegas at the end of the tour again and a few other states so we can party in those spots when we go back.

"How old?" Nate asked while flipping through a catalog he had picked up on my nightstand.

I rolled over onto my stomach to watch him flip through the fashion magazine filled with beautiful stick thin models.

"Pfft..." I began trying to think how old I was when I went to California.

I barely remember going to California all those years ago, I mean I was seven I think. I do remember though that it was one of the only trips with both my mom and dad. My dad was always busy with work and he was always very vague about it. He was an accountant so it wasn't something very interesting that we'd talk about often. So going to California was an amazing thing at the time for my sister and I because it wasn't very often that the four of us got to go on vacation all together.

I'm pretty positive that I was seven and my older sister was twelve. I have a few memories locked in the back of my brain. I remember my parents getting along and my mom acting like a normal mother for once. I remember going in a private jet and staying at a fancy hotel like always. I'm so grateful and lucky for everything I've had, but I've always hated that my family had a lot of money. It just made me feel prissy and I don't even know how to explain it. I've tried my hardest to stray away from the "rich girl" stereotype that I'm given.

I remember some small memories of my trip to California though. As cliché as it may seem, I swear I remember so vividly the warm salty breeze while driving down the coast. I liked the way the sun warmed my cheeks and how it was never cloudy or raining in the short week I spent here. I liked a few freckles would blossom on my burnt cheeks and then my skin would become tan. I remember my sister Annette pulling on my knotted curls at the time hair in the car because we were arguing about something stupid.

I also remember getting some of the best lemonade I've ever had. Pink sugary sweet lemonade.

"I was seven I think?" I said, while pondering with a laugh looking up at him from where I was laying on my belly.

"You probably don't remember it then." he said putting down the catalog and avoiding my eyes.

"Yeah, I don't really remember anything." I said fibbing a little.