𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘

Hey!!

I'm going to try to update the next chapter this week as well because I'm home for Thanksgiving break :)

This chapter is kind of just a fun one, so I hope that you guys like it!

Nate's Point of View:

"Wait so Devil's Spawn is going to be there also?" Jackson asked as he strummed some cords on his bass.

His thin fingers plucked at the strings so smoothly and casually. I couldn't pick up what song he was strumming his bass to, but it was this strange yet cool beat. It sounds familiar, sort of like a song we may have written and recorded but then scrapped. I just can't tell what it is exactly.

"Yeah." Brendan replied as he looked at himself in the mirror.

Brendan had on a thick dark green colored bandana on his head that messed up his dirty blonde curls a little. He was head to toe in black like usual.

"This is fucking ridiculous." Dean complained as he downed some more beer.

"No more." I mumbled to Dean while walking past him, taking the can out of his hand and placing it on the table, out of his reach.

He's been drinking a lot.

"What's the ball even called?" Jackson asked before taking a breath and continuing.

He scrunched his eyebrows and shook his head. "Is it even like a cool ball?" Jackson asked as he continued toying with his bass.

I snickered as I stared at him, he looked up innocently from where he was sitting. Light brown curls of hair were peeking out of his beanie.

"What?" He asked quietly as I smirked.

"What defines a cool ball?" I asked with a shrug.

"Like a masquerade." He explained as I nodded, smirk still present.

"I think it might be a masquerade actually..." Brendan trailed off, looking deep in thought. He then shook his head, pieces of his hair covered his eyes which he swiped away. "But I'm not so sure." He continued before releasing a breath and eyeing Jackson, Dean, and I.

"We also might have to perform."

Huh?

Yeah cause like that's gonna work.

We have to literally sneak around and steal this exorbitant priced miniature painting that Devil's Spawn is also trying to get. So how on earth are the four of us going to perform and just let Devil's Spawn steal the painting before we get it? I don't know what Brendan's saying, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I snorted.

"No way." I shook my head with a light laugh.

Surprisingly Brendan didn't nod in agreement. "What do you want me to do?" He questioned, shaking his head. "It's not like I can control this." Brendan continued as my eyes widened.

He's joking, right?

"Wait, what the fuck is going on?" I shook my head with a confused laugh, eyes darting around at the three of them.

Jackson and Dean seemed just as confused as I was which eased my worries. However, Brendan wasn't confused because he knew everything. Brendan just smiled and rolled his eyes fondly, over our confusion.

"What the fuck are we going to perform?" Dean shook his head. "This is some fancy fucking ball, and we're literally a rock band." Dean continued as he took another sip of the can that I had put on the table.