𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Hi friends!

I hope you like this chapter... it's a little more of a chill chapter, where we learn a little more about Nate.

And Nate... well he acts like typical Nate.😅😅

Anyways I hope you guys like this one :)

Aubrey's Point of View:

"Aubrey, again I really have to apologize. I just feel so terrible, I'm so done with Val and that whole group. I only really hung out with them because of Nate and because I got dragged into that stupid clique." Evie stammered quickly while reaching across the table to grab my hands.

Her bracelets made a loud clunk once they hit the table and she batted her mascara covered lashes at me, worry splattered across her porcelain face. She actually looked really freaking worried, like I might just get up and start screaming in her face. She swallowed the lump in her throat and I watched as her blueish green eyes drifted from mine to Nate's. Her soft gaze turned into a full on glare once she looked at Nate.

I smiled softly.

"It's okay. She was upset and-" I began trying to reason with her before she cut me off.

"Nobody deserves to get slapped." Evie said while shaking her head.

I looked at Nate who cocked an eyebrow and tilted his head, staring at Evie.

"Excluding you." Evie said glaring at Nate who rolled his eyes.

"It's fine really. It didn't even hurt that badly." I lied as Evie pouted slightly. "It just stung for like a second. I'm seriously fine." I laughed awkwardly tucking some hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, same here." Nate said jokingly as he tucked a piece of hair behind his ear.

I laughed.

"Why were you talking to Brady anyways?" Brendan asked taking a quick sip of his iced tea.

Ah, crap.

They all were looking at me like they were curious to know my answer. I sipped on my drink before wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"I was sitting there and he came up to me. I was about to start reading..." I began, telling the truth.

"At a party?" Evie asked looking at me confused with a smile.

"Yeah, I like reading." I said with a smile.

"Like Nate." Evie said nodding her head at Nate who gave her an annoyed smile.

"What were you guys talking about anyways?" Evie asked raising her eyebrows.

I thought about a couple of different things I could've said other than Nate. I mean I could've just lied right here and said we were talking about literally a thousand different things. I just didn't feel like lying, and I'd rather endure the teasing from Nate than lie to Evie who seems to be such a nice person. Evie batted her thick eyelashes a few times waiting for me to answer her. I raised my eyebrows and exhaled a deep breath.

I turned to Nate who was a few inches to the left of me.

"Nate." I sighed, looking at Nate.

I watched as his brows skyrocketed and his lips curled upwards before turning to look at me with a smirk.

"Why me?" Nate asked with a smirk blinking a few times teasingly.

I sighed feeling already annoyed at his smirk and teasing tone. I tucked some loose pieces of  hair behind my ear before continuing.