Chapters 31

"Ahh feels good to stretch the old legs ey Lyra?" Raymond asked. The man was currently doing lunges to promote blood flow. After their escape from the police Raymond's legs healed up pretty well. "You know I bet if I did this first I wouldn't have hurt myself so bad." He said alternating. Lyra chose to say nothing.

They were making decent time on their way to Vegas. The two had made it to Des Moines Iowa. Luckily for them there hadn't been many cops after they had crossed the Ohio state line.

"Alright finish up your stretches and food. We gotta hit the road." Lyra said standing up from the bench she was seated on.

"What's your rush? I doubt this Collins guy leaves his home often." Raymond said while shoving the rest of a cheeseburger in his mouth. The two started walking down the sidewalk vaguely hearing the sounds of.

"You have to pay for that!"

"It's not about being in a rush. It's a matter of punctuality. I want us to be in Vegas some time tomorrow." The white haired girl explained. "If you were on your own it'd take you a week to get there." She added.

"There's nothing wrong with being 'punctual'." The half monkey said with air quotes. He proceeded to sling his arm around the white haired girls shoulders. "If you don't stop, and look around, you'll miss out on all the cool stuff in life." He said gesturing to their surroundings. The girl closed he her eyes, and let out sigh. Grabbing his wrist she force it off her.

"And while you're too busy looking at every little thing that's bright and shiny. You miss out on what's really important." She shot back. Holding his now injured wrist. He thought on her words briefly. An easy smile crossed his lips.

"And here I thought you were just pessimistic." Raymond told her.

The two continued walking toward Lyra's parked motorcycle when a large gust of wind hit them both. The two covered their faces to block the wind. Lyra's hair was whipped back, while Raymond's jacket did the same. The gust of wind was suddenly there and then gone just as fast.

"What the hell was that?" The girl asked. Raymond eyebrows were furrowed.

"Check your pockets." He said. Lyra did as he said. As soon as her hand hit her pocket she realized it was empty.

"Fuck! My wallet is gone!" She yelled. Raymond checked his pockets as well.

"Yeah they got me too. All my money is gone." The half monkey said. Going to his coat pocket he felt his staff was still there in it's shrunken state. When the half monkey was done he felt like someone was staring a hole in the back of his head. Turning around he faced his companion. Her electric eyes held fury directed soley at him.

"What?" Raymond asked. The man had no clue what he did to deserve her ire. At least this time.

"You had money?" She asked in a deadly voice.

"Uh yeah. I won five grand in Pittsburgh." He explained still not understanding. The girl grabbed the lapels of his jacket before yelling.

"You had that kind of money the whole time!? And yet you still insist on stealing and dining and dashing!? Do you know how much gas costs!?" She yelled at him. A few passerbys stopped their treks to look at the two.

"Well it's your bike I figured you had it covered. Besides you said Vegas we can double, triple, quadruple it!" He said the smile reappearing on his face. The girl just let go of him.

"I don't know why I bother with you sometimes." She said mostly to herself. One of those headaches she had predicted was forming.

"Well save your questions for later. We have a mystery that needs solving." He told her.
---------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile

Back in Pittsburgh things were in full blown chaos. You could hear the screams, and destruction inside the parking garage. Inside his office the fox merely waited as the sounds got louder, and louder.

Then it went quiet. Deathly quiet. So quiet you could hear a pin drop. All of a sudden the doors were blown off their hinges. The source was Bao being thrown. The Kappa landed in a heep on the ground. The Fox only took one look at Bao, and realized he was dead.

"Red rover, red rover. Can the fox please come on over." A man with red spikey hair spoke. Next to him was his partner who towered over the spikey haired man. The Fox was not amused. As the two walked in the shorter man took a seat and propped his feet up on The Fox's desk.

"So my name is Felix, and this handsome lug is Big Ben. Don't mind him he don't talk much." Big Ben just stood there. "See what I mean. Any old who. You see a rumor floated too us on the wind that some monkey guy was here." Felix explained. Putting his feet down; he leaned forward. "It would really mean the world to us if you told us where he was headed." Felix said. Though his eyes held a sinister edge to them. The Fox stood up. His eyes glowing red.

"You come to my city." He started. His pupils narrowed to slits. "You kill my friend." The Fox continued. His fingernails became claws. "You bust up my business!" He yelled teeth becoming fangs. "And you make demands of me!?" The man screamed. Nine billowing tails appeared behind him. "I'll kill you!" The Fox yelled. His voice deep and distorted. Eventually a giant fox with nine tails took the man's place. The animal took up the entire room. Big Ben, and Felix were in the same lax positions as before. Felix stood up first.

"Thank god. For a minute I was worried you were just going to tell else, and then we'd kill you." The shorter guy said. A deranged look crossed his face. "It's much more fun when they fight. I love taking their hopes for survival away." Felix said taking out his daggers.

The nine tailed fox gave a roar as the ensuing battle was about to commence.