Chapter 6

Meanwhile the dancing and thrashing continued in the club area. Off to the side in a darkened corner; a couple were seen. There was a lot of heavy petting and making out.

"You're incredible." the man said with a gasp.

"Yeah whatever." She said forcing his face back to hers. They were going to continue, the operative word being were. Before they could the deafening sound of glass shattering, and the crashing of a body stopped them in there risque act.

The body in question belonged to Raymond. He was thrown out of the two way window from the office. His body landed at the same bar he made a ruckus at previously. All the bottles fell from their display shelf, shattering, and spilling their contents onto Raymond's prone body.

Santo (the shiny headed bartender) looked down at Raymond. His normally stoic face was replaced with shock. He was about check on the tailed youth. However, before the bartender could. Raymond's golden eyes opened wide. With a huff Raymond stood, dusting himself of the glass and debris on his coat. Looking around Raymond spotted an intact bottle. Grabbing it the half money ripped the cap off with his teeth.

After taking a few swigs Raymond noticed the dumbfounded face of the bartender. Looking down at the bottle and back at the bartender he took another swig. Going into his pocket he pulled out a hundred dollar bill and placed into Santo's shirt pocket.

"There you go champ buy something pretty." The bartender was flabbergasted by what transpired.

The monstrous form of the club owner jumped down to the dance floor. The partying people fled in a mass panic to the nearest exit. Taking another long swig of alcohol, Raymond hopped over the bar top.

"You might wanna get out of here Shiney head. Thing's are about to get a little sticky." The golden eyed youth said. Hearing those words the bartender fled to the back exit.

"So tell me what's a siren doing around these parts? You get bored sinking ships and eating men or something?" Raymond asked casually.

Instead of an answer she snarled at him. Raising a clawed hand she attempted to disembowel the half monkey. However her hand collided with thin air.

"Or is it that you're a lousy singer so you decided to come to the source?" He inquired further. Jumping from her spot she attempted to crush him, only for the same result.

"You know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result." The tailed youth said cheekily.

"Shut up!" She screamed. Turning around quickly she grabbed him with both her hands. With all her strength she began squeezing the life out of him.

"You caused trouble here today, and now you'll die as you lived. A sad pathetic life for a sad little monkey." She told him with finality. Defiant as ever though Raymond said.

"My god lady you smell. I knew you're gross but that's just foul." Eyes narrowing in an unadulterated rage she released one hand and slammed his body to the floor. The force of the impact caused the dance floor to crack. Lifting him back up the siren began squeezing again.

"Make sure you say hello to mommy when you see her in hell." The monster said voice full of malice. At those words the half monkey stopped pretending. Their weren't to many things that got under his carefree nature. His mother however was one of them. Using the strength he'd been hiding he escaped the monster's grip.

"Wu-what?" Her distorted voice asked.

"My turn." Was all that he said. Vanishing from sight he appeared in front of her his fist firmly planted into her stomach. Eyes wide, and full of fear the monster slowly looked down stiffly to the half monkey. Next thing she knew, the siren was sent flying backwards. Crashing through two walls she found herself outside. She finally stopped after making contact with the wall of the building on the opposite side of the street.

"So do you want to give me some answers now? Or do we have to fight some more." Her vision was blurry from the power of the half monkey's strike. A small stream of blood leaked down her head. Although she was scared by Raymond's strength, the siren wasn't willing to give up just yet.

With a deep breath a piercing cry escaped her mouth. The sound of her voice was so powerful it sent the tailed youth flying back. Shock was apparent on his face, as was his discomfort. Stopping briefly the siren stood from her seated position. With another deep inhaled the monster used her powerful lungs once again. Only this scream was much more powerful then last.

Raymond had his eyes shut tight, and his hand over his ears. All around the two combatants, windows from the neighboring buildings and cars were turned to powder. Light bulbs from the nearby lamp posts were also shattered.

Gritting his teeth the half monkey took his right hand off his ear, and reached in his coat pocket. Pulling out a small rod with silver embroidery. Pointing it at the siren it proceeded to extend towards the shrieking beast at a blindingly fast speed. The tip of the pole collided with her head silencing her.

Before she could attack again he brought the pole back to it's original size. With a three sixty spin and swing from the rod it grew again aimed right at her face. The pole crashed into her face with a sickening thud. From there he decided to even her out by hitting the other side of the siren's head with the pole.

The force from the second hit was so strong she was knocked off her feet. The monster attempted to get back up, but her head was so dizzy from the blunt force trauma she couldn't find the strength.

With the battle concluded Raymond approached the downed creature. With his pole he flipped her to her back. With the tip of the pole to her throat he said.

"Where is the orb?" His voice no longer jovial, or in the mood for jokes.

Before the siren could answer however a loud bang was heard. A hole formed in the monsters head, and blood trickled out. Her eyes were completely white devoid of any and all life. The siren was dead.

Eyebrows raised Raymond looked into the direction of the bang. His eyes glowed gold once again in search of the assailant. His eyes caught sight of a person on the roof of a building. He couldn't make out any discernable features outside of the gun propped up on a bipod.

Before Raymond could go after the assailant the sound of police sirens distracted him momentarily. Looking back up at the rooftop they were gone. Before the half monkey took his leave however Raymond approached the body. It only took him a moment, but he found what he was looking for.  It was the bullet used to kill the siren. A new piece of the puzzle was presented to him, and he'd have to find the shooter to learn more.