Chapter 15

The two law enforcement men stood in silence. The FBI agent looked on in disbelief at the siren's corpse. It took up two tables for a normal human corpse. It's skin had turned from a sickly green, to more brown tones.

"So what do you think Agent Chen?" the chief of police asked. Zhao Chen looked over the body noticing the hole in it's head.

"Did one of your's shoot this...... Thing?" Zhao asked.

"No, it was shot and killed when we were on the scene." The chief answered. Upon closer inspection it noticed the large welts and bruising on it's face. "So Zhao what are your thoughts?" The chief asked impatiently. Zhao had his phone out and snapped a few pictures of the creature.

"There was mention of security footage I believe." The agent said ignoring the chief's question. The chief's jaw locked up. He was obviously not happy at being dismissed by the FBI. Leading Zhao to a computer the chief pulled up said security footage.

Sitting down Zhao Chen observed the video. The black and white video showed the creature approaching a young man. The FBI agent's eyes widened at what he saw. The two were fighting. Not only that the creature was completely overpowered by this man.

The video transitioned outside of the night club. The creature was slumped against the wall. As the video continued he noticed the man pull out a pole that grew meters long.

"Do we have any word on who this guy is?" Zhao asked.

"We don't know who he is, but he matches the description of someone our officers tried to apprehend." The police chief answered.

"Can I talk with them?" The agent asked.

The Chief had agreed though he wasn't happy about it. The FBI was supposed to give them answers about their mystery corpse, but instead the agent gave them nothing. The chief took Zhao to an empty room with a desk and chairs.

"Stay here I'll get them." The chief of police said. Zhao took a seat and adjusted his tie. Patiently the man waited for the officers. Five minutes later the door opened revealing two cops. Officer Phillips and his partner.

"Hello Zhao Chen FBI." The agent greeted the two extending his hand out for them. The two officers accepted the hand shake.

"Officer Phillips." The larger man said politely.

"Officer Banks." The woman greeted. The small party took a seat at the table.

"If I'm to understand, the two of you encountered the man in the security footage at Fire and Desire." Zhao stated folding his hands on the table.

"We did." Banks answered.

"Would you mind telling me what happened?" The agent asked. The two looked at each other and nodded.

"We were on a call for a domestic disturbance at the Rhoads Motel." Officer Banks answered. "We went to the motel room, and we spotted the suspect in the center of the room." Banks continued.

"The room was in complete disarray, it was like a damn tornado swept through the room." Phillips stepped into the conversation.

"When the suspect noticed us he immediately claimed that 'it wasn't what it looked like.' And that he 'wasn't even staying at the motel.'." Officer Banks took back over. "We then told him that he admitted to breaking and entering. We then slapped the cuffs on him for questioning." Banks continued.

"Did he resist at all?" Zhao asked.

"No that's the thing. We put the cuffs on and escorted him out. But once we got outside, the suspect broke the cuffs off." Phillps informed the FBI agent.

"Wait, wait. He broke them off?" Zhao asked.

"Yeah he just snapped them off." Phillips acted out how Raymond broke the handcuffs.

"Go on." Zhao prodded.

"When he broke the handcuffs we removed our fire arms and told him we'd fire if he didn't get down on the ground." Banks said.

"So did he get down?" Chen asked.

"No he invited us to shoot and walked away." Banks answered.

"Then we open fired. We gave him multiple warnings and he was an obvious threat." Phillips told the agent.

"So he's dead." Zhao stated deflating slightly at his lead being dead.

"No. I went to check the body and he popped right up, stole my handcuffs, and cuffed me." Banks answered.

"He cuffed you? With your own cuffs?" Zhao asked incredulously. Banks didn't answer, she was embarrassed by what transpired. "Where were you?" The agent grilled Phillips.

"I was in the car calling it in. We thought he was dead, we were just following protocol." Phillips answered. Letting out a sigh Chen asked a final question.

"Anything else I should know?"

"Well after he put the handcuffs on Officer Banks, the suspect bolted. I tried to make chase, but I eventually lost him." Phillips said ashamed. Zhao was quiet for a moment, before dismissing the two. Pulling out a cellphone the man pressed a few icons, before putting up to his ear.

"It's me. There's quite a ruckus going on in New York at the moment. On the plus side I found the monkey, and the staff." Zhao was silent. Whoever was on the other line was speaking.

"Understood. I'll take care of everything." He answered. With that he hung up the phone. The police chief entered the room.

"Well you got any news mister FBI!?"  The chief asked irritably.

"I do actually." Zhao Chen said.

"And that is?" He asked. Zhao Chen grabbed the chief by the throat lifting him off the ground.

"Nothing that concerns you." The man said crushing his windpipe.
---------------------------------------------------------
Quick note thank you all to all the people who have read so far. Very humbled and grateful. RandyJW1