Chapter 24

The people were still cheering for Raymond while Devann looked on in astonishment. His eyes were wide and his heart was still beating out of his chest. That all really just happened.
The shorter man was on complete auto pilot as he headed to the back. Approaching the door he knew Raymond was behind he opened it slowly.

Inside the half monkey was upside down on his hands. His shirt was still off and he was doing handstand pushups.

"What the hell was that?" Devann asked.

"What was what?" Raymond asked still upside down.

"That! You-you got clobbered by that guy then you choke him out like nothing." Devann cried out.

"Oh yeah that." He responded. Flipping up to his feet Raymond grabbed a towel and started wiping himself down. "I mean yeah I could've knocked the guy out in a few seconds, but the people came here for a show. Being the natural showman I am I had to give them one." Raymond explained a grin on his face.

"Shit man warn a brother next time." Devann said collapsing in a chair.

"I told you to trust me. Anyway how many more fights do I have?" He asked Golden eyes inquisitive.

"Five more." The shorter man answered.

"Easy breezy." Raymond said stretching out his neck. Devann merely shook his head at Raymond. This guy was a trip. At that the half monkey threw his towel at Devann and put his shirt and coat back on. Standing to his feet he headed to the door.

"Whoa where are you going?" The shorter man asked.

"Just stretching my legs no worries I'll be back." He said waving off the question.

"Wait you're not supposed to-" the door clicked close, and Devann wasn't able to finish. "Shit." He muttered.
---------------------------------------------------------
Raymond's golden eyes were glowing as he scanned his surroundings. Luckily it didn't take long to find his target. At the bar area he found a large glowing aura burning like fire. Closing his eyes they ceased to glow with minimal discomfort.

In the corner there was a booth roped off to the other spectators. In the middle sat a man. He was light skinned, but had clear Asian ancestry. He was wearing a black suit with a red collar. On his flanks were beautiful women all giggling at whatever he was saying. In front of the rope was a single man stout in appearance. With no regards for subtlety or safety Raymond walked right up.

"The Fox of Pittsburgh I presume." He called out.

The man looked away from the women to regard Raymond. His eyes were curious at this interruption. Once he realized who the intruder was a lazy smile formed on his face. Ducking his head the fox muttered some words to his lady companions. The women went quiet and slowly left the booth. One they had left the fox called out to his security guard.

"Bao let our friend through." He said with a calculated smile on his face. The mountain of a man opened the ropes and allowed the golden eyed man in. "That was quite the show put on in the cage." The man said to Raymond.

"Thank you very much. Glad someone noitced" The half monkey answered.

"I notice a lot of things. For instance you my friend have caused quite the stir." The Fox said with a grin.

"And here I was worried I wasn't making a big enough splash." Raymond responded.

"Oh trust me you have." The Fox answered.

"So you know why I'm here then." The half monkey challenged.

"I don't, not entirely. Messing with other people's affairs is something I try not to do." The light skinned man answered.

"If that's the case why did you have Paul kill that siren in New York?" The half monkey asked. The Fox stiffened slightly at the question.

"So you're the one that killed Paul then." He stated.

"No. I didn't stop him from dying, but I didn't kill him." Raymond said. There was a pregnant pause, before the other man let out a bark of laughter.

"Paul was an idiot, I was hoping the siren would kill him" the man answered. Composing himself The Fox continued. "I didn't think he'd pull it off honestly. I would've killed him myself if no one else had." He finished.

"So you obviously wanted her dead for a reason." Raymond pressed. Another pause took place before an easy smile crossed The Fox's face.

"I like you man. These people, they love you after your showing. Tell you what win this tournament, and I'll tell you anything you want. Fair enough right?" The man asked.

"Yeah fair enough." Raymond said not pleased. The girl's returned to their place with The Fox.

"Oh Raymond!" The Fox called out. Raymond turned towards the man briefly. "Good luck." He said with a charming smile.
---------------------------------------------------------
After meeting The Fox the next bout was starting.

"You good man?" Devann asked his fighter.

"Yeah I'll be good." Raymond answered.

"Alright man keep your on eye on the prize you got this." The shorter man said. He wasn't wrong, but still he was disappointed in not getting his answers. Either way he was going to see this through til the end. One fight at a time.

"Showtime gentleman." Sasha said to the two.

"Lets do it." Devann said. Getting to his feet Raymond responded.

"Yeah let's do it."