Chapter 27

"You know I didn't think we'd meet again so soon, but I had a feeling it would be like this." Raymond grunted out. Currently the girl had the man pinned against the wall. She pulled his arm and forced it to his back.

"Shut the hell up Raymond for once in your life." She told him with gritted teeth.

"You know that's easier said then done." Raymond cried. Instead of replying the girl tweaked his arm higher up his back. She then grabbed the side of his face and forced it into the brick wall.

"Shutting up now." He said with a wince.

"Who the hell is Zhao Chen?!" Lyra screamed at Raymond.

"Never heard of him." Was his short reply.

"Don't lie to me Raymond. Now is not the time for that. Tell me who he is!" she said with gritted teeth.

"I never lie it's a real personality flaw of mine. I can't tell you what I don't know." The girl loosened her hold on him.

"You really don't know?" She asked.

"That's what I said." He answered. The girl was silent as she released him completely from her grip.

"Damn it." She whispered. "Damn it!" She shouted. "You really know nothing? There's a man who was literally hunting you , and you had no idea?" She asked exasperated. Raymond was stretching his newly freed wrist, trying to get the blood flowing back. One word she said stood out in his ears.

"Was hunting me?" He asked the girl.

"Yeah was, I killed him with a car after he-" she paused briefly, her normally tough facade crumbling ever so slightly. "I killed him. He was pretending to be an FBI agent, and kept asking about the monkey." She finished. Raymond's eyebrows furrowed at her words. Now Raymond has pissed a lot of people off in his twenty four years of life. One might say he made a living off it, but the fact there was someone out there who knew what he was, was not good by any means.

"You need to tell me what you know. Everything." He told her.
---------------------------------------------------------

"So wait let me get this straight." The half monkey said. "You stole what you thought was an FBI agent's gun, and then shot him?" Raymond asked.

"Yup." the white haired girl said. The two were seen in a diner, Lyra had a cup of coffee in front her. Steam was still coming off the brown liquid.

"Jeez no mercy." Raymond said. Then again he shouldn't be to surprised. The half monkey did witness the girl push a man into a train.

"Yeah well he got right back up and attacked us. Not like it did any good." She retorted.

"You said you crushed him with a car?" Raymond asked.

"Yup after the third time I kind of lost track how many times I hit him with it." She told him.

"Did you check to see if he was alive?" Raymond pushed on.

"I didn't have time cops were coming." Lyra answered. Raymond let out a breath through his nose.

"We'll cross that bridge later then. So what now? Why did you track me down? Nobody followed you did they?" He rapid fire asked looking around the small diner.

"Cool your jets nobody's going to jump you." She said taking a sip.

"Well what about the other two questions?" He pressed.

"You tell me Raymond. I got jumped by someone who wanted you. So the better question is who did you piss off?" Lyra asked.

"I piss off a lot of people Lyra. If I had to guess it's whoever is in here." Raymond said showing her the file he got from The Fox. Before she could question him further Raymond said. "Not here later." She rolled her eyes a bit, but agreed nonetheless.

"You said us." The half monkey said after a brief silence.

"What?" Lyra asked confusion in her voice.

"You said Zhao Chen attacked us." Was his response. Lyra said nothing at that. The silence returned stronger then before.

"I'm sorry. If you don't want to tell me that's alright." Raymond said. His golden eyes held concern for the girl in front of him.

"Charlie." Lyra said.

"Charlie? That's who you were looking for right?" The man questioned.

"Yeah. My little brother. I found him, and just like that he's gone." She said quietly. Raymond's eyes went wide at her declaration. This man Zhao Chen killed Lyra's younger brother to get to him.

"I'm sorry Lyra. I never wanted to get anybody involved in this. I don't want anybody to die because of me." He said sadness obvious in his voice. Although Raymond never met Charlie he still felt like he let the guy down.

"As much as I wanted to blame you Raymond I just don't have in me too. I haven't known you long, but I know you don't have a bad bone in your body. You're just really annoying." She said.

"Well I've been called worse." Was all he said. The two were quiet again, but this quiet was more companionable.

"Look I don't wan't anything like this happening to any more families then they have to. That's why I'm doing this. I want to stop people like Zhao Chen. If you want to help me, well the offer still stands." He told her. Processing his words she thought her answer over.

"Lets take a look at that file first then we'll see." She said. Raymond nodded and the two left the diner.
---------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back in New York. We saw a man dressed in a suit on a roof top. The man was on his cellphone and appeared to be having a disagreement with whoever was on the other line.

"Sir I don't understand. Why am I being benched?" There was silence before he yelled in the phone. "You're going to put faith in those two over me?! Surely the monkey is more important than-" the man didn't get to finish. With a gasp of pain red lightning sparked all over his body. Collapsing to his knees, with his eyes closed, he waited for the pain to be over. The phone had fallen to the ground and a voice was heard.

"How about now Chen do you understand now?" It asked. Reaching for his phone Zhao Chen grunted.

"I understand."